Aurora Trip: Super Large Haul!

zachj

haha ok. I understand why she was mad at me. But she was just so scary haha. Im glad i didnt dump the buckets back in though or else i wouldent have found the catticus tooth!

Zach, did the material you take home in buckets come from some new piles or was it "old" stuff? The reason for asking is I would be surprised that someone would get upset if you were taking a little of the "old" stuff. As Govinn pointed out, the museum wants to preserve as much "new" pile material for the festival and then it must last for many months throughout the year as various folks, school groups, etc, visit the museum and hit the piles. I do remember one of the museum volunteers last year saying that they preferred that folks only take material from the piles out in those back fields and leave the stuff in front of the museum. I wonder if they are going to take the old piles from the fields and spread it out over the fossil parking lot again this year.

I always take at least five buckets when I go down there. I always bring it back though. They never have a problem.

you bring back searched material?

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

you bring back searched material?

Yeah. Don't need it anymore after I look in it.

but then there is no teeth in there? why do they want you bring it back if it was already looked through.

but then there is no teeth in there? why do they want you bring it back if it was already looked through.

That's a good point. It's just something I do, they didn't ask me to.

hm. thats kinda strange haha. i feel bad for the poor guy who take that stuff home haha. are you gonna be at gmr this weekend rick?

hm. thats kinda strange haha. i feel bad for the poor guy who take that stuff home haha. are you gonna be at gmr this weekend rick?

LOL. I'm probably that "poor guy"... I had a couple of buckets last trip that I swore up and down were someone's reject material... I couldn't find much of anything in them... Thanks Rick! LOL J/K

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

~Sir Winston Churchill

and that is why i always get my buckets from the center of the pile haha.

I dump them over on the side. Pretty obvious it is spoil. I don't see it as being any different than someone who sifts on site and their spoil is left near or on the pile.

I dump them over on the side. Pretty obvious it is spoil. I don't see it as being any different than someone who sifts on site and their spoil is left near or on the pile.

true. I always sift on the base of the pile.

thanks man!

sorry to revive the topic but who all is planning to attend the festival this year?

You did great. I'm always amazed at how many teeth can be found on the East coast. Great job and thanks for all the picts.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

sorry to revive the topic but who all is planning to attend the festival this year?

I hope my father and I can go, I have not been since 2010.

its worth it man. plus you can hit gmr on the way back!

its worth it man. plus you can hit gmr on the way back!

That would be the plan Zach :) plus a little secret spot at cherry point, and havelock. lots of great whites to be found there!

i think i know that spot... to long of a walk for me.

That would be the plan Zach :) plus a little secret spot at cherry point, and havelock. lots of great whites to be found there!

and let me know if your coming down man, would love to have another hunting buddy. me and fossilz are already going to be hunting at the festival but i dont have a gmr buddy.