Late Season Megs

Shellseeker

Almost did not go out today.

The river has been deep, muddy, and fast moving. It take a lot of effort just to paddle to a location that was producing small teeth and a few larger Hemis. Also I was tired having been out twice already to the River, and been very busy all week on the non fossil hunting efforts.

The lure of the unexpected was once again too strong to resist. Pushing the envelope.

I had been digging for two hours when the 1st unexpected happened -- a 2.6 inch Olive Green Meg. Big smile ... big smile. 15 minutes later another nice Meg 1.5 inches with good serrations. Brought a camera and took some photos. Megs have always been unexpected for me, They only show up in those places where I think they are really unlikely..

A very good day indeed.

post-2220-0-22686500-1371262030_thumb.jpgpost-2220-0-64062800-1371262046_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

i really want to go river hunting to, but mine is to fast aswell! those are some killer little megs man! love the in situ shot

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Nice, I love it when it's worth it, but then again I guess it always is. How about some pics of those hemis?

Nice, I love it when it's worth it, but then again I guess it always is. How about some pics of those hemis?

This is a good spot for Hemis -- the largest ones are between 1.25 and 1.5 inches. Found 8 in that range in the last two Fridays.

post-2220-0-57533800-1371344422_thumb.jpg

But really like this one with unusual color for the Peace, much like the 2 Megs -- Must have been in the clay protected from the tannin laced water..

post-2220-0-02690300-1371344609_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for the good comments. SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Beauties, I especially love the lowers, in my opinion one of the more

aggressive looking teeth :)

SS, nice teeth-- You done good! Rivers are sure starting to move up. Yep rainy season is here, got some huge lightning strikes today...They say the skeeter larvae from tropical storm Andrea drenching rain's earlier this month will be hatching this week! I feel itchy already! Regards, Chris

Beuaties!

"There is no difference between Zen and Purgatory and Time Warner Cable, and they are trying to tach me this, but I am a dim impatient pupil."

----- xonenine