Sunday Fossil Hunting Trip With Video

Damage

Wonderful. Love the sound of the water in the background. That last large tooth was pretty nice too.

Nice teeth! Been there, but found more Chesapecten and whale bone than anything.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

nice find a 2:22! i know after a long day of finding small teeth a large tooth really catches you by surprise and you get really excited.

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

nice find a 2:22! i know after a long day of finding small teeth a large tooth really catches you by surprise and you get really excited.

yeah we usually find bigger, but the larger tooth was nice!

Ops... I was waiting for the time when the camera broke down :wacko::blink::wacko::rofl:

the title on the left, between the Recent Topics was : Sunday Fossil Hunting Trip With Video Damage - Today, 05:43 PM

I am happy your camera is fine :ninja:

nice teeth, indeed :)

Nando

Edited by Nandomas

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but...

...great video! And very cool teeth. Nice work.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but...

...great video! And very cool teeth. Nice work.

Thank you!

nice finds! What's the age of the teeth?

greetings

Aaron

I have no idea. I'm new to this all and don't know how to determine the age.

NIce Video - thanks for sharing.

Love seeing if I can spot what you are seeing.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Age is determined by species and geologic formation. It's fooling me because they look like sand tigers mostly with some older tiger shark species.

What other kinds of teeth do you find in that location?

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Age is determined by species and geologic formation. It's fooling me because they look like sand tigers mostly with some older tiger shark species.

What other kinds of teeth do you find in that location?

We've found several Megalodon teeth, cow, mako, and some others as well.

There's pictures from our previous trip to that spot at http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/38288-fossil-id-help/

Seems like you're hunting in an area with mixed deposits. The megs, cows and makos point to Miocene sediments, but I also see Striatolamia macrota and perhaps some Otodus auriculatus teeth as well, pointing towards Eocene deposits. A few additional pics of the diversity of your (shark) finds might help!

Edited by Hieronymus

Great video and finds! Thanks for sharing! :)

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

Hey Damage,

As an fyi, you are hunting in the Yorktown/Piney Point formations. The James river is a wash out of both, which is why you will find both miocene and eocene material along the banks.

mike

• I found this Informative 1

Hey Damage,

As an fyi, you are hunting in the Yorktown/Piney Point formations. The James river is a wash out of both, which is why you will find both miocene and eocene material along the banks.

mike

Thanks! I didn't know that.

Wow auriculatus and meg teeth. You'll have some interesting diversity in finds for sure!!

DO, or do not. There is no try.