FalconFan02

My wife and I recently came across an abundance of shallow sea bed fossils in the Tennessee Mountains. I could use a lot of help identifying/determining which are the best finds and finding the value of each find. I will be posting pics shortly, some of our finds include echinoderms, crinoids (blooms/stems), brachiopods, fossilised coral, and a trilobite/crinoid bloom in same matrix. We have only been hunting for a year and any input would be greatly appreciated. We found these specimens with an abundance of Tennessee Agate if that helps at all.

Here in the fossil forum I have been told we do not place monetary value on items, we will gladly help with any ID we can though, look forward to seeing your finds!

Thanks Snakebite. The monetary value would just be for personal referrence, however I understand the logic behind that policy. I'm too atached to them to sell. lol

Welcome to the Forum from Washington! Post some good pics of your finds in question under the Fossil ID section or if you already know wha they are, you could post under General Discussion. I would enjoy seeing your finds! (from a former Ridge Runner)!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

I'm attempting to upload pictures from my phone but it says the file is too big. Any suggestions?

I'm attempting to upload pictures from my phone but it says the file is too big. Any suggestions?

You will have to edit the image file size: LINK

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hi FalconFan02,

Post #11 looks like a Coral called Arachnophyllum.

Post#13 the left picture looks like a profile of Receptaculites, the right pictures looks like Brachiopods.

I have difficulty interpreting the others.

Happy Hunting from John in New York.

Many people cannot find these types of fossils where they live, but you be the judge if you enjoy finding them. Personally, I like the kind of fossils you discovered. I would start looking where the fossils outcrop, you have a better control of the quality and quantity of finds. Your pieces look water worn as if from a stream bed or weathered field rock.

Yeah they are from a lake bed actually. We are planning a trip back to the spot in November so I'll try searching dryer ground. Thank you very much for all of your input. I love this forum. I'm going to take a toothbrush and water to them soon. I've had these for about a year and had them I'm storage because we were in the middle of moving.