Show Us Your..... Display Cases.

newdog65

Forgot to attach

I really like how you have "framed" the center teeth with the hundreds/thousands of smaller teeth on the edges. Very cool looking! Any idea how many teeth make up the border/edges?

Thanks! I had the idea for a while and decided to build the table. I think a conservative guess would be 12 thousand. I counted a thousand out to get a gauge a while ago.

• 4 weeks later...

megatooth! good idea on doll display stands!

Here is an example of a 4.5inch Spinosaurus tooth displayed upright with a miniature doll stand. It is not nearly as nice looking as AJ Plai's custom stands but it is an option if you want to display them vertically and it is surprisingly stable for a inexpensive option. Just now getting around to posting these photos.

I updated this to show what the rest of the dino teeth look like with black miniature dolls stands....

post-12849-0-80324700-1385511444_thumb.jpg

post-12849-0-28897400-1387517143_thumb.jpg

Edited by Megatooth Collector

That is a great-looking stand! Didn't know they have something like this available. With slight craftsmanship and modification u could perhaps even make it look like it's floating in mid air. Personally, I think a darker color like black or earth-tone brownish would help to focus on the fossils even better, but that's just my preference. ;)

May I ask from what dealer or seller did u acquire this kind of stand from? I think it could serve as alternative for several of my friends out side of Thailand who are interested in similar style of display that I have but it's not convenient for them to send in or leave specimens with my stand-maker in Thailand.

Thx.

Edited by AJ Plai

I agree with you AJ, black or a dark color is a much sharper look, but I could only find them in white :( But for about $1 (1 US dollar) it was a pretty good deal :) I bought it at my local craft store called Hobby Lobby. They are a large chain store in the USA that sells all kinds of crafts, framing and also has display items for collectors items. In this case, the stand is the smallest miniature doll stand I could find and was literally about $1. I would love to find one in black this small! The only black ones were much larger. But for now this will do. Your custom stands are still the BEST that I have seen though!

I agree with you AJ, black or a dark color is a much sharper look, but I could only find them in white :( But for about $1 (1 US dollar) it was a pretty good deal :) I bought it at my local craft store called Michael's. They are a large chain store in the USA that sells all kinds of crafts, framing and also has display items for collectors items. In this case, the stand is the smallest miniature doll stand I could find and was literally about $1. I would love to find one in black! But for now this will do.

grab some plyers and a strip of 1/8 inch steel wire from menards lowes home depot ect and make some awesome custom stands!!

Post your Proboscidea!!!!!

AJ Plai, actually I just found similar stands in black online at www.collectingwarehouse.com under Kaiser dolls stand # 1075. Just thought I would throw that out there. I may order a few and see what they look like. I have a few Carcharodontosaurus teeth that I will be adding mid December.

Here is what the black miniature doll stands look like compared to the white with a 4.6 inch Spinosaurus tooth. I personally like the black color more and find the arms are more easily bended to perfectly fit the tooth. I have a few more Dinoteeth coming in mid December and I will post another photo with multiple teeth displayed like this.

post-12849-0-86498200-1385848610_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone,

This may be old news to many of you but I just found out that there are some relatively inexpensive completely customizable stands for Rikker boxes. You can adjust the legs on the stand to almost lay complete flat or sit upright. I have it reclined back quite a bit in the one photo and more upright in another. I just thought I would share this in case others like to display their collections with Rikker boxes on a shelf and wanted a way to have them not just lying flat.

post-12849-0-65871400-1386035927_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone,

This may be old news to many of you but I just found out that there are some relatively inexpensive completely customizable stands for Rikker boxes. You can adjust the legs on the stand to almost lay complete flat or sit upright. I have then reclined back quite a bit in the one photo. I just thought I would share this in case others like to display with Rikker boxes on a shelf.

Those look great! Where did you find those offered for sale?

Obsessed1,

I got them online from wholesalerikermounts.com but other places carry them online too. They are called 3 wire adjustable easels, under the section of easels for Riker mounts on that site. You can probably just google it. Until now all my Riker boxes have just been sitting flat on my shelves, but this is a nice option to really show them off. Also the stands a rubber coated so they have really good friction to keep the boxes in place. I am happy with them.

My updated Creature Corner for Dec 2013. I decided to "go Riker" with my larger Megs and other collections on the easel stands. Still don't have room to display everything.. I need a bigger shelves!!!

I also added a photo of what both of my shelves look like for display as of Jan. 22, 2014

post-12849-0-10582200-1386056917_thumb.jpg

post-12849-0-82226200-1390457042_thumb.jpg

Great collection of high quality Meg teeth! One of the best in private collection I have seen so far.

If you run out of space for additional shelves, perhaps mounting the teeth in picture frame or shadow box on your wall may help, just an idea ;)

No display case yet.. just a bookshelf for me thus far. I would like to get one like the OP's at some point though!

Megatooth, that is a fine display you have there and I especially like the one where you captured the local indigenous species in their nature posturing……I think, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that is a great example of “Peace-throwus Maximus” LOL I had too, I am in a joyful mood! CHEERS~!

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Giant sloth tooth and claw, meg teeth, tricetops nose horn, wooly mammoth molar, preprint skull, trilobites, apateon, fish and mosasaur teeth. And coprolite.

post-16815-0-85106500-1415128360_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The quality of the photo is not that great , I took it with a cellphone ...post-1674-0-86214300-1416590255_thumb.jpg

Edited by edd

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

well since I started this post I have recently bumped up my display quality- the sunglass cabinet was bumped by the purchase of a couple nice used curio display cases. i'm gradually building tiered angled glass rows as can be seen on a couple shelves, to give better viewing. Will probably add some additional LED strips to highlight the lower shelves.

Chris

post-2650-0-68066000-1416600429_thumb.jpg

post-2650-0-55324500-1416600437_thumb.jpg

:drool:

Looks pretty nice... I was thinking of LED strips for one of my units too, just havent gotten around to it.

This is a great thread idea!

Does anyone here have a system of displaying specimen info along with their fossils? I've seen some sticker systems so far but I was thinking of something more like little cards for each specimen (kind of like the ones some dealers include).

Chris,

Awesome and impressive collection of trilobites you have there!

Thanks for posting these pictures!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

This is a great thread idea!

Does anyone here have a system of displaying specimen info along with their fossils? I've seen some sticker systems so far but I was thinking of something more like little cards for each specimen (kind of like the ones some dealers include).

That's about all I can think of, the trick is making the labels as small as possible with only the most essential info so as not to take space away from the fossils, but not be obscured by them. The other thing I once did was stick little numbers on each specimen and then a page listing what each thing is by number, to prop up on top of or beside the display case, but then the viewer has to match up the number with the info for each one.. I prefer the info to be right beside or on the fossil itself, if possible.

Edited by Wrangellian