Maryland Fossil Treasure Megalodon Teeth And Miocene Mixed Bag....

Terphunter

Well the deer hunting has been BAD in my spots this year so I decided to hit the bay for a quick morning hunt...of the FOSSIL variety.

A blow out tide and frozen conditions usually make for a nice walk and not much more...but this time it was different. Some megalodon shark teeth, fossil whale bones and a real nice variety of Miocene Epoch fossils...all approximately 4-24 MILLION years old! Was well worth the trip!

A small video of the trip....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7dHEvTZXzV0?list=UU8u0OrFmcyEu5qE_YvoVVtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19e94f371f17ee7d8fd8b2b5a6ea9d7f_zps64d8

Edited by Terphunter

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

Really nice video. Nice finds. Nothing beats getting to the beach and seeing a blowout and conditions like in your video. It's like seeing all the presents under the Christmas tree Christmas morning.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

I just searched for your vids on youtube (which btw there are quite a few really nice ones!). Opened the one in question and then just copied and pasted from the address bar to the post I was making. Sometimes the site can be fickle when copying and pasting but it worked for me this time.

Hey, what a great hunt! That little meg looks fantastic. Thanks for posting the video.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Thanks all.

Kevin thats what i tried...glad it worked as i have been into the video thing lately. Was fun to get back out...need to get down more often.

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

Congratulations! That was definately one of the better fossil collecting videos I've seen. Really shares the excitement of collecting and very well done to boot. Let's also not forget your finds. Pretty amazing! I happen to really like the whale bone, but the teeth are cool too. Definately has me plotting and scheming how I might get there. Even a fraction of what you found would make me very happy.

Cool finds and great video~! thanks for sharing. That is one big chubus frag you have there.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"