Shark Teeth Collection Is Growing!

worthy 55

Fossils_025..jpg

What kind of tooth is this??? Is it whale? I've never seen a ring pattern like that before!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

yeah, this thread is going to drive tracer jr. absolutely crazy. great stuff, worthy. thanks for posting the pictures.

Fossils_025..jpg

What kind of tooth is this??? Is it whale? I've never seen a ring pattern like that before!

You will have to ask Cris about that one but it looks like whale.

It's my bone!!!

Guys when do ya want to go? I can go Sunday! :huh: :huh:

I heard on the news today that a coldfront should be making its way through Gainesville around Saturday night. Not sure how cold it would be Sunday, but you might want to take that into account. Just checked Weather Underground, it predicts Sunday's high of 61 F, low of 32 F. Should be nice and sunny though. Good luck out there!

Nice stuff Worthy wish I had known some of them High Springs goody spots when I was down there diving, You got some nice complete colorful teeth there,Congrats

Ron

The great whites and G. mayumbensis look AWESOME! :D

Congrats!

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

I buy and trade for some of them and find some too in the creeks in gville. The hemis , tigers , and the 3 gray makos in that same row came from gville the auriculatus came from the Suwannee river. And the Makos and great whites that come from shark hill Cal. and Chile do have some great colors. :Thumbs-up:

First- nice collection. Did you collect the hooked makos from sth or puchase them ? I try to get out there as often as possible.

First- nice collection. Did you collect the hooked makos from sth or puchase them ? I try to get out there as often as possible.

The hooked Makos were bought aswell as some of the bakersfield Makos .Someday I hope to get out to sharkhill to do some huntting of my own though. B)B)B):D I bought some GW's from Chile too I love the color's.

post-23-1226850744_thumb.jpg

post-23-1226850813_thumb.jpg

post-23-1226850830_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Worthy: (Drooling) If those are from California, we need to talk privately. Also, in case anyone doesn't know, Chile's government has pretty much put a stop to fossils leaving the country. They are now some very desirable specimens. Fortunately there are quite a bit available from old collections, but their price is climbing steadily

Or like these

3A.JPG

1A.JPG

:D

Not my pics, but now my fossil :P:D

The hooked Makos were bought aswell as some of the bakersfield Makos .Someday I hope to get out to sharkhill to do some huntting of my own though. B)B)B):D I bought some GW's from Chile too I love the color's.

You definetly have a great collection going. keep the pics. coming, Can't get enough cool sharks teeth!!!

you have a nice collection. i'd like to have a collection like yours but i'm not worthy.

Ha, that's great :D

• 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous!

do I see representatives from Bakersfield and Chile, among others?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You're getting quite the nice collection there Worthy. All nice specimens, although I really like the mako with the "burnt" colors in the second row

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else