Hunting With My Boy

sharko69

Well the weather was perfect yesterday in Texas so we packed some snacks for a day on the creek. Spent several hours getting wet, getting muddy and finding the occasional tooth as well. My six year old son spends a lot of his time collecting oyster fossils, (any suggestions on what to do with a five gallon bucket of oyster shells, let me know). We had a great day and even found a couple of nice teeth to boot. Found several drum teeth as well. Very cool. First is a nice P. whipplei.

post-15063-0-99391800-1423453365_thumb.jpg

Well the rest of the pictures are too big for some reason. I will resize and add later. Here is one just for fun...post-15063-0-60068700-1423454081_thumb.jpg

Oysters...maybe give him an area for a rock garden? Big oysters could be used to line flower beds with more flair than rocks. That would give him an objective too.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

yes, i agree with spreading them on garden, plants will appreciate the very slow release of calcium,

nice finds as well,

kevin

Nice! I can't wait to hunt with my little guy, maybe in about two years.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Finally heading to TX later this year for some collecting. If anyone could share some good Post Oak Creek tips with me on a PM I'd really appreciate it!