New To Fossil Hunting But Could Use The I.d Help Vetrabra, Dinos & Marine

BoneGurl

New to fossil hunting but had some Great finds so far- could use all the help you can share as its a very fun hobby moreso if I could I.d better!! Hoping to learn a ot- thanks for any help!! The iron formations throw me for a loop but the precise h in some of these have me wondering?! Big Brook finds! I have close up photos but not enough file space to add them all-

post-17876-0-89080000-1426814346_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-29427200-1426814420_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-30912600-1426814544_thumb.jpg

The two amber-colored, bullet-shaped objects (circled) are belemnite 'guards' (an internal supporting structure from squid-like creatures).

To my old eyes, the rest look like they are examples of the infamous Big Brook concretions.

post-423-0-80403500-1426815427_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Ty so much admin- those, and the 1 above it I saw simularities ofon fossilguys site pics tho dudnt underdtand quite what it was, ty for the better explanation for me to grasp it. I know also the one in the row over to the eft of your circe-1st one in that row, is most likely a fish (or similar) vertabra as the marrows also evident on the side. I was trying to get the iron things- tho the circles are well defined, which I found off, as we'll ad the coloration, but ths is rather hard t start w + I think teeth woildbe beem a much easer find to start I'd'ing n learning! Thanks again for your help- I csn get better pics if need be but sunce mny are usedto big brook finds I know many are prob just rocks LOL!!

Edited by BoneGurl

PS- sorry for the typos- I CAN spell but stink at touch screen phones :/ here's a better pic of the "marrow" I do belieVe its a bone, def. Feels different also

post-17876-0-08993400-1426825975_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoneGurl

Welcome to the forum ,,,,like Auspex said and the last pic of you,,, holding a concretion,,sorry. when you have a chance to go on a computer look up big brook fossils a few site will come up with pic's of fossil that you can in the area. Good luck next time.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

I agree with Auspex.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thanks again- guess ill stick w looking for teeth lol!! Good to know for our next trip

Keep picking up anything unusual! Many tears have been shed over discarding what turned out to be a good specimen; collect in the field, and sort it out later :)

This turned out to be an Hybodus cephalic clasper:

post-423-0-51433200-1426864311_thumb.jpg

See what I mean?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!