A Small Ammo But A Goodin!

RJB

This ammo from the Pierre Shale was in two pieces and after I took it to my water saw and cut away some big hunks of rock I glued the living chamber back onto the other piece. I attacked it today. its quite nice! yeah, its got problems but at least they are small problems. its a small one at 2 1/4 inches but has some very nice color and I was able to save most of the horns! here are some pics. Im quite happy with this one!

RB

post-171-0-29340300-1440969926_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-18732400-1440969937_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-49322000-1440969947_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-39539100-1440969960_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-73892100-1440969973_thumb.jpg

Thanks PFOOLY. ive still got some work to do on it, but its almost done? I may take off some more rock to expose some more of the lower 'horns'?

RB

I believe it is a Jeletzkyres quadrangularis, nice prep----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Oh Wrangellian, did you have to bring that up? its ok. Ive been awake at night thinkin about this imperfection stuff. its a nice ammo no matter what I think about it.

No foshunter, not tom, just me.

RB

Oh Wrangellian, did you have to bring that up? its ok. Ive been awake at night thinkin about this imperfection stuff. its a nice ammo no matter what I think about it.

RB

HUH----Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

Not sure what you mean Foshunter? Why do you keep calling me tom? am I missing something?

RB

"Tom" is Foshunter's name, and post signature :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

"Tom" is Foshunter's name, and post signature :)

Thanks Chas---Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

RB

Ha ha!

It is a nice ammo.

Certainly you keep the best examples of whatever type of thing you find. That's the best we can do. (Best I can do, anyway)

Edited by Wrangellian

I'd be pleased as punch with that one. Like they say, nobody's perfect, and that applies to fossils as well. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder and is generally an unattainable condition anyway. You can only strive for it in this world.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/