Worlds Smallest Crab !

RJB

Aaaaaaalrighty then. Here is the worlds smallest crab and im the only guy in the world with the skill to do the prep job!!! Ok, Im just being full of myself. Its not the worlds smallest crab and Im scared to prep it!!! I tried to do a small crab years ago and destroyed it!!! I have a bit more patience now? Kinda? Ha!!! I can see on this concretion that it has two legs coming out the ends so its at least a 4 legger, but who knows? Not sure if I can prep this thing out? Im gunna try. I have a Tumido crab from New Zealand for scale. This little concretion measures just under 2 inches. Its gunna be a very tuff job for me, but I have my fingers crossed.

RB

post-171-0-61976600-1444865310_thumb.jpg

That is a tiddler!

Time for the microjack and to get into your Zen mind space. Think of that guy who makes artwork in the eyes of needles. He times his brush strokes with his breathing.

That's like prepping out an engorged tick!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

How big is it? I've got some tiddlers that need prepping too :P

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

I'm sure you'll do well with some cooperation from the little turkey. So what part of the galaxy is that critter from...is that a west coaster?

Looking forward to seeing it completed. No rush!!

Regards, Chris

Some real beauty's ya got there aeonrocks. The same speices as mine. I did do some more work on my little guy and not realize there is no rear-end! Now its a gas crab. May take me quite some time to finish it. Its now in what I call my 'gas crab pile'. I had high hopes for that little cutie.

RB

post-171-0-58313900-1445178309_thumb.jpg

Hi RJB, what does that mean, gas crab? In terms of prep and preservation - cavity below the shell? I`ve only preped a few of these and it`s the first time I`ve heard this term. Thanks! ;)

PS: It still looks promissing, hopefully the claws are there?

Edited by aeon.rocks

Hi RJB, what does that mean, gas crab? ...

It means he'll sell it, to pay for gas to go collect more nodules. ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I finaly got this little bugger done. I did find a bit of 'rear end' so that was quite nice. I can tell you now,,, I don't like prepping out these little ones!

RB

post-171-0-23440600-1446158252_thumb.jpg

...I can tell you now,,, I don't like prepping out these little ones!

Well, I sure like lookin' at 'em! :wub:

Great job, RB!

I'll take your little ones off of your hands. ;)

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Ok, I finaly got this little bugger done. I did find a bit of 'rear end' so that was quite nice. I can tell you now,,, I don't like prepping out these little ones!

RB

That is beautiful!!!!! Well done.

Hey aeon.rocks, Thanks for the compliment. These concs are getting so hard to get that I wont be getting rid of any of mine anymore. its driving the price of these crabs waaaaay up. I was offered $200 for this little guy and turned him down.
RB