LordTrilobite

The hip fragment is 33 cm long from that bottom left to top right. And funnily enough the humerus is also 33 cm long.

Woolly rhinos are about the same size as modern rhinos. It's mainly the skull that is different. Also a fun fact about the appearance is that because some mummies have been found we know that they had broad lips like the white rhino.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Top Notch presentation LordTrilobite ! Thanks for sharing your efforts.

It would be interesting to know what you graduated with.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Thanks, so are the bones adult size.

Yes, as I want the bones for my composition skeleton I only have a use for adult size bones.

Top Notch presentation LordTrilobite ! Thanks for sharing your efforts.

It would be interesting to know what you graduated with.

Thanks! And I graduated at the HKU in Game Art. As a graduation project me and some fellow students made a game and released it. I did the Art Direction and some other aspects of the art of the game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/360840/

Edited by LordTrilobite

I made some more scans.

Here's an atlas vertebra of a woolly rhino from the North Sea like all my rhino bones.

And a Mosasaur tail vertebra. Possibly Prognathodon sp. as I prepped this out of a small block that contained some jaw splinters with two teeth that look like they might be Prognathodon. Since the jaw pieces were jumbled up but still partially together the tail vert might also belong to the same animal.

I've also mirrored some parts on both these scans to give a better impression of what they looked like before they were damaged.

This is envy-worthy! Amazing collection!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

No only a few fossils in my collection are found by me. And for the Ice Age mega fauna it's quite impossible to find them yourself as they are from the North Sea. Those bones are hauled up by fishermen.

I do prep a lot of my fossils myself though.