I Cried, I Sobbed and Used Many Tisues over this one!

RJB

Man-o-man did this one hurt!!! This crustacean started out really really good. I ruffed out the claws on this beauty and all claws having tippy tippys. Its been a long time since ive been this excited over a concretion. I already new it had a 'face' problem but I knew I could build that. I could not see a tail end at the end of the concretion and simply figured that the tail was curled under. It happens. But no!!! No tail end whatsoever!!! No tail at all!!! None!!! Arrrrhg!!! Whatever cusswords you can think of, I said them all and more!!! Now it sits in a stupid box. What to do, what to do,, I do not know. Arrrrgh. And not only that,,, This is a species I don't have!!! Aaaaargh!!!

RB

post-171-0-30230300-1449357017_thumb.jpg

Hey Raggedy man, most of these are molts so its up to mother nature. ive gone through 22 or 23 of these this year and ive got not much to show for them. Hurts.

RB

Uggh, Maybe some day....It is agonizing when you find partials of anything without finding a complete specimen and that one looks like it was destined to be a real beauty. Any value in just prepping the claws as if its emerging from the concretion? Keep after em...

Regards, Chris

Thanks again everyone. and JP, nice try. Ive got 23 boxes all with a 'junk' lobster in them. Im thinking that maybe I can find a tail in one and do some composite work?

RB