Show Us Your Heartbreakers!

Phoenixflood

ok but you dont think some guy did it right? if thats the case then your right and i just worded it wrong my fault B)

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Some good heartbreakers guys! :(

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Some good heartbreakers guys! :(

There's heartbreak, and there's :blush: heartbreak :blush: :

Cretaceous toothed bird jaw? :)

Nope: Cretaceous shark spine! :(

post-423-1240860190_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

darn!

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

That's this isn't it? I don't remember you finding out what is was, but then at my age I'm lucky to remember my own name. Are shark spine's rare?

post-15-1240869182_thumb.jpg

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

That's this isn't it? I don't remember you finding out what is was, but then at my age I'm lucky to remember my own name. Are shark spine's rare?

Yeah, turns out to be a fragment of an Hybodus dorsal spine.

Live & learn (hard to reign-in my hopes and dreams sometimes...this was a good lesson).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Well, I don't know if only you want to see tooth but... I've some heartbreakers too in others orders...

Like this Stereocidaris cenomaniensis from the Cenomanian.... Looks really nice, it isn't?... was a broken one!! arrgghh!! <_< only that you see was complete, the part in contact with the marls was copletely broken away...

01507001.th.jpg 01507002.th.jpg

Very frustrating.... and also very common situation...

Hi

Psaronius is the trunk of tree ferns, the top I found a Sunday, the bottom part on the following Sunday, the intermediate I never found, that is a pity, this trunk would have measured about 50 to 60 centimeters ....

bruno

le_tronc_absent.pdf

Well, I don't know if only you want to see tooth but... I've some heartbreakers too in others orders...

Like this Stereocidaris cenomaniensis from the Cenomanian.... Looks really nice, it isn't?... was a broken one!! arrgghh!! <_< only that you see was complete, the part in contact with the marls was copletely broken away...

01507001.th.jpg 01507002.th.jpg

Very frustrating.... and also very common situation...

Wow, that would have been a beauty.

No, you can show any fossil that is a heartbreaker :D Yeah, that would have been nice!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Ok...was hunting the pond when I found this big Mosasaur tooth. looked perfect till I picked it up and cleaned off the mud, which is when I found the tip and one side were mostly denuded of enamel.

To rub it in, two other teeth were found of which this was the least perfect.

post-1313-1240960333_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

ok that tooth doesnt count! unless the other side is missing like a big chunk...... thats one nice tooth

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

On a solo excursion a few years ago, I looked up along a 20' bank and saw this...

post-420-1240977259_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I was excited! I bet I took 20 pics in situ...and then the moment I was going to pull this beauty from the bank. As I held my breath, :o:o:o

post-420-1240977603_thumb.jpg

post-420-1240977649_thumb.jpg

And then there was the time I was looking in a hole for a mammoth skull, but it wasn't there.... :blush:

post-420-1240978157_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Real sorry about the point, but I think that your second example is more of a heart attack than a heart breaker!

hmmm what should i post...... well i have megs... i have makos but what about a 3.5" squalodon and a 2 1/4" croc tooth buth heartbreakers but 2 of my favorite teeth.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

post-637-1241200584_thumb.jpg

Mrs.beachbum and I were searching a field,with the owners permission, looking to see if this would be a nice spot for future hunts. This particular day was not to far from our fall trip to Aurora. Mrs.beachbum was commenting on what it would be like to find a large tooth laying about on the ground,just like some of the posts that we've read on the forum. No sooner did she finish the comment , I turned to her and asked"like this?" And there laying on it's side on a dirt road was this large tooth. I guess I didn't chant enough,'cause as you can see it's not quite all there. Maybe next time.

On a solo excursion a few years ago, I looked up along a 20' bank and saw this...

post-420-1240977259_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I was excited! I bet I took 20 pics in situ...and then the moment I was going to pull this beauty from the bank. As I held my breath, :o:o:o

post-420-1240977603_thumb.jpg

post-420-1240977649_thumb.jpg

And then there was the time I was looking in a hole for a mammoth skull, but it wasn't there.... :blush:

post-420-1240978157_thumb.jpg

The point is ridiculously unfair, but I would be thrilled to find the tusk with or without a skull attached.

This is a funny topic.....Ha Ha Ha....... And Sad!......I like the Mammoth skull story very much, and wow for such precise work digging round that..... and If I had a penny for every nodule Ive popped thats empty I'd be a very rich man......

post-1630-1241511146_thumb.jpg

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Here I enclose 2 pics of a great detail Cidaris I found...but was not completed!!! dang it!

I am not 100% sure if this kind of findings are worthy or not......

Best regards,

Eureka

post-920-1241533634_thumb.jpg

post-920-1241533674_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

This is a partial pygidium of a trilobite. It is an un-described genus/specie. I have found 13 cephalons, a few hypostomes, and 3 partial pygidiums. One of these days it will be published.

The diagnostic characteristics are in the cephalon.

post-179-1241536937_thumb.jpg