What are these?

Steelheadtracker

Hello, i am new to the forums. I do not know much about fossils, but have always loved looking for them growing up. I was at my inlaws today and the creek running through the woods on their property was running strong and I felt the urge to search the area for anything interesting and i found these but I do not know what they are. Thanks for the help. (see below for other pics)

post-20798-0-59314300-1456626454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steelheadtracker

These have me stumped and I'm curious to see the suggestions. Just a wild guess - I wonder if the last one is a Fenestella or other bryozoan.

Edited by Jersey

Columbus is the closest major city. About 1 hour away. Richland county.

Edited by Steelheadtracker

If you are an hour north east of Columbus it would be either Mississippian or Pennsylvanian. If it was Mississippian then it could be a bryozoan. If it was Pennsylvanian I would say it is plant material. There is a Lady from that area who is a member who finds spectacular plant fossils.

• I found this Informative 2

The first photo, if you are talking about the small "rice shaped" kernels in the... limestone? They look like Fusulinida. Fusulinida is an extinct order within the Foraminifera. They lived at the same time as the Bryozoan.

• I found this Informative 1

Hold the phone people! I really don't think that first one is bryozoan, plant or foram.. Bone seems right to me. Perhaps turtle, but we should wait for a more complete survey of members.

• I found this Informative 1