Winner of the March 2016 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

The Winner of the March 2016 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month is the Ogygiocarella debuchi trilobite from the Ordovician Llanvirn series of West Shropshire, England! Congratulations to Ted (TNGray) on his exquisite trilobite find and second win in the contest! :thumbsu:

post-420-0-84390100-1459998290_thumb.jpg post-420-0-28545400-1459998292_thumb.jpg

Thank you to all other members that voted and entered into the contest. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Great bug, congrats : )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Hi,

Congrats !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

And it's a win for the very first trilobite species ever described by science - back then, it was thought to be a fossil of a 'flatfish'.

I am very honored to win the award. The competition was fierce but appropriate. The ammonite is also a worthy find. Even had I "lost" the competition, for me, this find is my personal fossil of the year. The whole experience was epic. Coming again to the UK to hunt fossils. Led on the hunt by a great new friend whom I met via the on-line fossil community. A fantastic day and drive in the stunningly beautiful hills of West Shropshire. Accompanied by my wife and dog. The split that revealed this bug was later in the day and was able to be shared with friends. And then, the excellent prep work, requiring far greater skill than I possess. My thanks to Andy for the day and arranging the prep work. Without him, this bug would still be embedded in its slab.

Congratulations on a wonderful classic trilobite. :)

Well deserved FotM win.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congrats for the find and the good prep! Looks gorgeous! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Congrats on the win and beautiful bug! It sounded like an all around great trip.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG