Velociraptor Skeleton 3d model WiP

MithosKuu

The skull should be done now, unless there any anatomical issues to fix I'm off to the jaw.

Raptorv2_26.png

Working on the jaw, front half should be done, back half is very much a work in progress

Raptorv2_29.png

Raptorv2_32.png

• I found this Informative 1

Absolutely fantastic. You're very talented.

It's amazing how much the front end view of the skull looks like a bird.

Nick

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Absolutely fantastic. You're very talented.

It's amazing how much the front end view of the skull looks like a bird.

Nick

Thank you very much!

Unless there are any anatomical issues the Skull and Jaw should be complete.

Raptorv2_35.png

Raptorv2_36.png

It looks fantastic! These must have been vicious with the mouth full of recurved teeth! The center picture in the top row looks like it is staring you down with those big eyes, and just gives me chills!

I've done some work on the Gastralia

Raptorv2_45.jpg

Raptorv2_44.jpg

In addition, I'm trying my hand at making a meatsuit for the skeleton, though it is super rough right now and I haven't added any geometry for the eyes yet, and I have no idea how the mouth is actually supposed to connect.

Raptorv2_43.jpg

Finished up the gastralia and the furcula, I'm going to start on the tail next.

Raptorv2_60.jpg

So I started work on the tail

Raptorv2_62.jpg

Then someone sent me a different skeletal drawing with a better look at the tail, my main reference art has been from Gregory S Paul, this new one is by Scott Hartman, and, well...

cri.jpg

There are a lot of differences, my mesh is pretty much 1:1 with the GSP skeletal in the princeton field guide 2010 edition, its tail appears to be 62 cm longer than Scott's, and is overall thiner, the hip assembly is different, and the abdominal girdle is wildly different and more svelt. Here is a comparison between the hips;

fuckshitpiss.jpg

GSP is red, Scott Hartman is blue.

I'm honestly not sure if I should stick with the GSP skeletal or rework everything to fit with the Scott Hartman skeletal.

Gregory S Paul's art is of a high standard. but some it is quite dated by now. Scott Hartman's art is also really good but generally more up to date. He also frequently updates his old skeletals. So I would guess that Hartman's skeletal would be the more accurate one.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Gregory S Paul's art is of a high standard. but some it is quite dated by now. Scott Hartman's art is also really good but generally more up to date. He also frequently updates his old skeletals. So I would guess that Hartman's skeletal would be the more accurate one.

I'm thinking I'm going to keep using GSP, then duplicate it and modify it to match Scott's skeletal.

Started work on the tail, those caudal rods are obscene

vert4.jpg

And, naturally, long straight bones don't exactly gel with the gentle curve of the reference art's tail

Raptorv2_64.jpg

The caudal rods just extend to oblivion. There is no beginning or end, there is only caudal rod.

Raptorv2_67.jpg

Reworked the chest plate a bit, should be more accurate now

Raptorv2_69.jpg

I've also copied out the tail vertebra for kicks, the end tail extension should be about the final length of the tail

Raptorv2_71.jpg

Looking at it, I think my pubic boot is a little thick, I'll narrow it up at some point

PLEASE 3d print this!!!!!!! This is so cool

The plan will be to make it printable at full scale, though likely in multiple parts

I also just realized I made a mistake with my tail, the vetebral noodles should be extending forward towards the hips, not backward, I'll work on that tomorrow

Raptorv2_73.jpg

New tail setup with vertebral noodles going in the correct direction, 21 vertebra to go

Raptorv2_76.jpg