FossilDudeCO

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

That's the photo I was hoping for :dinothumb: you can see the carina going into the tip and colors match

I agree with the seller, tip replaced.

@FossilDudeCO

Thanks to all for your input!

I greatly Appreciate it. I know Moroccan material can be a little dicey sometimes and I am still learning!

I think I will go after this tooth and see if it cant find a nice spot in my new display case!

Again, thank you everyone!

@Susan from PA and @-Andy- it is also FANTASTIC to know that you all have dealt with this seller before and been pleased with your purchases.

• I found this Informative 1

Good luck.  

When it comes to Moroccan material it pays to be extra cautious.  Past experience is always a good indicator but it does not guarantee that future ones will be happy so never assume it's good.   Always go the extra mile to be sure.   

Blake

I am late to this party.  I also believe the tip was just re-attached. 

Good time to get a hold of these teeth now.  Not a lot of folks know but Kem Kem is now off limits for commercial collecting.  In addition to the tribal conflict going on there, fossil and mining laws passed at the end of 2015 only allow certain individuals to collect in Kem Kem (and the phosphates although it is not spelled out as well) and it is difficult to get the permit.  No non-Moroccan can get a permit to collect Kem Kem period, and the restrictions actually prohibit collecting for commercial purposes.  As of yet, there is not much enforcement from Customs US or Moroccan, and there is a group in Morocco trying to change that, but it is similar to Chinese and Mongolian fossils several years ago.  I think the supply will be gone soon if the law does not get modified.  One member of Parliament is leading the charge to allow collecting and sales openly again with certain restrictions.  I have mixed feelings on it.  These are their national treasures and I think there needs to be real scientific study, but there are also a lot of them.

In Tucson I typically come home with several thousand teeth (4-5,000).  This year I only ended up with about 1,800.  Most were not so lucky, as these folks hold the teeth back for me and do not put them out for sale, but there were just not many there for grabs.

Sorry for the rant.  Good find.

• I found this Informative 4

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

Hey @sseth thanks for the info, that is good to know!

Maybe I need to hold on to my 5 feet of Mosasaur verts!