Found these not sure if they are even fossils lol

Spyburn

That last one looks suspiciously like the horizontal view of a crinoid stem, he rest are kinda hard to tell from the pictures, but the second one looks like a shell of some sort. If you could give the river, or the formation and therefore the age it might be easier to tell.

• I found this Informative 2

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

It's just a ditch. These rocks were mixed in with concrete and rebar, so they were hauled in. So where they actually came from, I have no clue. I know in the ditch, back in 1909 they had found a wooly mamouth. And again in the late 1990's, early 2000's, they found another.

Edited by Spyburn

I agree thst the second pic is a shell imprint and the third is criniod segment. The first pic is to blurry to telk but it look as though I may have a couole fossils on it. Can you try to take a clearer pic of that one?

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Hi Spyburn!

Welcome to the forum!

I agree that the third specimen contains crinoid material, and I'm thinking that the second picture might be a very worn rugose (horn) coral.  As for the first item - I currently have no idea.

Monica

okay, maybe a burrow. (I'd saw worm but rockhounds get angry when you say that unless your certain.)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

okay, maybe a burrow. (I'd saw worm but rockhounds get angry when you say that unless your certain.)

It would make a fine burrow for a very strait worm :)

I was reading somewhere it could be spilite (sp?), and maybe not even a fossil. All it seems to look like to me is a stick lol. 

3 hours ago, Spyburn said:

I was reading somewhere it could be spilite (sp?), and maybe not even a fossil. All it seems to look like to me is a stick lol. 

Spilite is a basalt, it would be black to grey if that was the case. Also spilite doesn't need sp, as it is not a taxa it is a rock.

Happy hunting,

Mason

Just now, WhodamanHD said:

Spilite is a basalt, it would be black to grey if that was the case. Also spilite doesn't need sp, as it is not a taxa it is a rock.

I think Spyburn's "sp" was not "species" but "spelling" - as in, he is unsure of the proper spelling of this type of rock ;)

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

I think Spyburn's "sp" was not "species" but "spelling" - as in, he is unsure of the proper spelling of this type of rock ;)

Oh, sorry. Spilite is the proper spelling of a type of rock, but it is and dark igneous rock, @Spyburn did you mean something else?

Happy hunting,

Mason

I'm sorry, but by sp I did mean spelling. I didn't think of others using the abbreviation for another word. Sorry! lol