Qt Smilodon fatalis Canine 1h - Copy.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

49 minutes ago, RobinRFlores said:

15016284478681953386178.jpg

1501628737449-367949655.jpg

Can we see the broken end on the curved piece?

These are interesting but not teeth.

These also look like trace fossils or burrows.

Without more precise information, we cannot be of much help. Texas is a big state. Providing us with at least a county helps us pin down the geology. ;) 

Again, tell us where these were found. Photos alone don't help us.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

From the last shot - definitely not bone.

I would suggest taking a look around on this forum or the Internet at fossilized bone. Some people think it looks like rock, but it still possesses a lot if the features it did when it was the original bone. these may be surface features such as attachment points for tendons and ligaments and internal structure such as trabecular or spongey bone.

• I found this Informative 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

From the last shot - definitely not bone.

I would suggest taking a look around on this forum or the Internet at fossilized bone. Some people think it looks like rock, but it still possesses a lot if the features it did when it was the original bone. these may be surface features such as attachment points for tendons and ligaments and internal structure such as trabecular or spongey bone.

Thanks

I'm going with Speleothems on these ones, as secodary mineral deposits, like the ones from here .

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

16 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

I'm going with Speleothems on these ones, as secodary mineral deposits, like the ones from here .

I think one of the pieces (not curved) could be secondary precipitation of calcium carbonate - it looks crystalline.

The curved ones look to be limestone and would be very odd shapes for speleothems. 

Maybe it's a crack in the stone (or maybe burrow but I don't think that) Infilled with calcite.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

48 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

I think one of the pieces (not curved) could be secondary precipitation of calcium carbonate - it looks crystalline.

The curved ones look to be limestone and would be very odd shapes for speleothems. 

Speleothems could have very odd shapes.
"Speleothems typically form in limestone or dolostone solutional caves." - according to Wikipedia

This picture shows that the curved "tooth" has crystal growth on the external surface, so I think they could be calcite crystals, also I think I could see growth patterns somehow perpendicular to the main axis.

15016322499401583437610.jpg.50566555351423549a1a37b06865e6d7.thumb.jpg.9a8c62d52065e4a555296f2e28fb8125.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

2 minutes ago, RobinRFlores said:

This was picked from the ground

When We ask for a location it is for information about the location (town, county or formation exposure) it is to help understand the rock in the area and this allows Us to better determine what is in the area. ei ... If it is an area where sandstone or shale are predominant and there is no limestone then We can rule out a speleothem as they are formed in limestone formations.

There are 2 possible id's for Your pieces here. Trace fossils in the form of burrow casts or speleothems (cave formations).

They are not bone or teeth.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

When We ask for a location it is for information about the location (town, county or formation exposure) it is to help understand the rock in the area and this allows Us to better determine what is in the area. ei ... If it is an area where sandstone or shale are predominant and there is no limestone then We can rule out a speleothem as they are formed in limestone formations.

There are 2 possible id's for Your pieces here. Trace fossils in the form of burrow casts or speleothems (cave formations).

They are not bone or teeth.

Thank u