Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

Please respond as to who will be playing in the anouncement thread later on. My mind is not in the taking names mode at this time and I will never remember. :)

I hope this year will be bigger than ever!

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

7 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Get out there and do some fossil hunting, my friend  :dinothumb: 

Much easier said than done unfortunately. :(

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

16 minutes ago, daves64 said:

Much easier said than done unfortunately. :(

The same for me too. :(

Auction sites good for getting  a little bit of trade material. If not just keep an eye on this post it is always very good fun. All the best Bobby 

2 hours ago, cheney416 said:

I want to join too.:)

Hi don’t think the thread is open for participants as yet. If you follow this thread your see the announcements coming soon. It will be a good year I think.   :)

FYI- I will be opening a "sign up" thread on 10/15 in its own thread for those that want to participate in this year's event.

I hope to make this year even bigger than the last and from the looks of those eager to play, it just may be. :crab:

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I’m super new but would LOVE to participate if that’s ok :) 

I’d prefer to ship Within the US though please. 

1 hour ago, DeeMoji said:

I’m super new but would LOVE to participate if that’s ok :) 

I’d prefer to ship Within the US though please. 

We'd be happy to have ya join in.

Please remember to respond to the sign up post in a couple of weeks as I won't recording names and information until then.

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 minutes ago, caldigger said:

We'd be happy to have ya join in.

Please remember to respond to the sign up post in a couple of weeks as I won't recording names and information until then.

Will do! Thank you. 

If we do as @Bobby Rico suggested, we (for the international gift) should send the packages a little bit earlier ( maybe before  mid November) in order to have a chance to get it before Christmas and avid the customs rush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

David I intended on having the cutoff for players November 14th, names and addresses will be sent out on the 15th. International packages to be sent out within that next week.

Would that suffice or are we thinking you guys need to send packages earlier?  Open to suggestions here if that's not enough time.

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

David I intended on having the cutoff for players November 14th, names and addresses will be sent out on the 15th. International packages to be sent out within that next week.

Would that suffice or are we thinking you guys need to send packages earlier?  Open to suggestions here if that's not enough time.

I think the trouble occurs at the customs. If we can send our gift before mid november, we should be able to avoid the pre-christmas rush and get the package in time.

I can be wrong but based on my experience, a package send last week of november, will arrive between the 20 december and new year eve if not checked and in january if checked by customs.

We could start a little bit earlier for the international exchanges knowing that packing takes more too.

What do you think?

What do you say to cut off on the 5th, partner info sent out on the 6th?  That should give enough time.

What say you?

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Sounds good for me.

7 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

Sounds good for me.

Hi David you good?

Sounds fine to me too. :dinothumb:

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

What do you say to cut off on the 5th, partner info sent out on the 6th?  That should give enough time.

What say you?

While I think that's a good idea, that would only give people about 15 days to enter. Last year people were entering until last minute. I think we should move up the start date if that's okay with you

I intend to.  I will be posting the sign up this Monday, 10/08 ;)

That's giving 28 days to sign on.

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

17 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I intend to.  I will be posting the sign up this Monday, 10/08 ;)

That's giving 28 days to sign on.

Brilliant plenty of time. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi David you good?

Sounds fine to me too. :dinothumb:

Doing good and you?

I have been busy for a while with our special exhibition at the museum but it finished last week so I will be able to take some time for me and my family. Maybe I will even have enough time to go fossil hunting. My last hunt was in June and I have to admit that I feel the NEED to go outside and look for fossils. I focused a lot on late cretaceous in the past year and I think I will have a try in the Carboniferous layer we have here.

I hope I will be able to add something special to the Secret Santa gift this year.  

Hey everyone!

As has been said, international packages can unfortunately be held up in customs, especially when entering Australia :(. The best thing you can do to prevent packages being held up is by trying to minimize the amount of dirt or dust in the package. Customs usually intercept these packages because they are worried about the outbreak of diseases or pests that could inhabit the dirt. The only package I have had held by customs was a very sandy micro matrix.

Hope this helps,

Dan

3 hours ago, DanKurek said:

Hey everyone!

As has been said, international packages can unfortunately be held up in customs, especially when entering Australia :(. The best thing you can do to prevent packages being held up is by trying to minimize the amount of dirt or dust in the package. Customs usually intercept these packages because they are worried about the outbreak of diseases or pests that could inhabit the dirt. The only package I have had held by customs was a very sandy micro matrix.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Good advice. I think before we sign up we could offer some advice for new members on international shipping. Like if you ship to the Uk what to write  on the customs forms and to keep the value low  . I got a package from a freind last Christmas he put on a high value and I had to pay £70 for it from customs to retrieve it.  :(

I'd like to join you.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg