Blind 1-4-1 fossil or mineral trade

Darktooth

I picked up my package from Bobby Rico at the Post Office this afternoon.

I recieved some beauties!

A stunning ammo. plate and a loose baby from the UK., a chunk of Silurian sea floor from w. Midlands, UK. and a couple of mineral specimens of Aragonite and Amethyst from the depths of Africa.

The color play in the Amethyst is amazing!

Thank you again Rob.

20180310_152203.jpg

20180310_152111.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Oh shoot! I guess I'm kinda tired.

I posted this in the wrong thread. It was supposed to have been in my Blind Trades(r) thread of multiple items. Sorry for any inconvenience and or confusion this may have caused.

You may go about your business now.

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Oh shoot! I guess I'm kinda tired.

I posted this in the wrong thread. It was supposed to have been in my Blind Trades(r) thread of multiple items. Sorry for any inconvenience and or confusion this may have caused.

You may go about your business now.

Ok. 

But utter incompetence. 

Please try to have a good nights sleep and thus manage to return to your normal standard of intelligent, correct and inspiring posts. ;)

Like mine. ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Hooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:etc.

I finally had one of my 1-4-1 exchanges arrive! 

So a big thank you to @indominus rex

for this rather lovely block from Holzmaden, Germany, the famous Liassic Posidonia shales. 

20180304_135058-1.thumb.jpg.2f43744b9858d5af67e6fb33dad9f361.jpg

The block is probably more than 8 inches long (forgot to measure it and it's now upstairs in my 'lab') 

I think the plant might be Neocalamites sp, but I'll need to do a lot more research before I say it is. There are pelecypod bits in the block and some bigger bits on the back which i'll guess are Posidonia for now. 

And there are two shark's teeth which are said to be from Antwerp, Belgium, so probably Neogene.

Very nice specimens, anybody any ideas? 

Anyway, thanks again, Mr Rex, very happy. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

@Tidgy's Dad I love fossils still in the matrix and this is very nice. 

look at you with your upstairs Lab , how the other half live.:D

What is a Indominus Rex ? I  should probably ask the man himself. Very good trade Adam Mr Rex did you proud. 

:yay-smiley-1:the fireworks are for your postman .

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

@Tidgy's Dad I love fossils still in the matrix and this is very nice. 

look at you with your upstairs Lab , how the other half live.:D

What is a Indominus Rex ? I  should probably ask the man himself. Very good trade Adam Mr Rex did you proud. 

:yay-smiley-1:the fireworks are to celebrate your postman turning up. 

I call it my 'lab'. It's actually just a room on the terrace (our flat roof) which i use as the equivalent of the garden shed. :D

Another member of the Fossil Forum, from the USA, recently sent me a parcel. After a few days travelling in the USA it reached the International Airport. It is currently in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, having seemingly missed out the African continent entirely and is now not really any closer than when it started. :doh!:

I don't know what the world's postal services are playing at right at the moment. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

32 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I  like it been called your “lab” sounds proper.  

And terribly pretentious. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

I am so glad you liked it:D. Nothing makes me more happy than making someone else happy. My name being indominus rex was a long story, but my profile picture is a drawing of one(even though it is fictional). It seems a bit big to be a Neocalamite, not sure on the ID maybe @belemniten can help he is quite an expert on Holzmaden fossils. And hopefully the package Adam sent will arrive, I always thought that the postman delivers only 1-3 o'clock but turns out they deliver sometimes even later. So maybe today, you never know;).

Regards, Leander (aka. Indominus rex)

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Hi,

Does someone want to start a blind trade with me?

If you are interested,PM me please. Maybe @Tidgy's Dad??? I force you to nothing. :) 

Regards

3 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

The block is probably more than 8 inches long (forgot to measure it and it's now upstairs in my 'lab') 

I think the plant might be Neocalamites sp, but I'll need to do a lot more research before I say it is. There are pelecypod bits in the block and some bigger bits on the back which i'll guess are Posidonia for now. 

Neocalamites sp. would be very rare. In my eyes it looks like fossilizied wood, but I am not an expert on plants :) 

Maybe you could make a better picture?

Neat piece(s) !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

10 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Neocalamites sp. would be very rare. In my eyes it looks like fossilizied wood, but I am not an expert on plants :) 

Neat piece(s) !

I believe it is fossilised wood, the partially sticking out piece points to it being fossilised wood. Thanks Belemniten.

13 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Neat piece(s) !

No, it's probably wood. 

Thanks. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

3 hours ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Hi,

Does someone want to start a blind trade with me?

If you are interested,PM me please. Maybe @Tidgy's Dad??? I force you to nothing. :) 

Regards

Okay, I'm game! :)

PM sent. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

No more news on the  1-4-1 fossil or mineral trade to report?

Seems my shipment towards the US of A has dissapeared then.

I sure hope not but since several items I shipped that way to friendly Americans outside the fossil community have long since arrived I am fearing for the safety of my fossil sent towards CBOB several long ago.

I still haven't received my package from Tidgy's Dad. Really hoping to see it soon in the mail. Would be a real shame if it somehow got lost:(. However there is still hope because he received his fairly recently.

2 hours ago, indominus rex said:

I still haven't received my package from Tidgy's Dad. Really hoping to see it soon in the mail. Would be a real shame if it somehow got lost:(. However there is still hope because he received his fairly recently.

Yes, i'm sorry about this, should have been there long ago. 

I'll wait til the end of the month and if it has not appeared or been returned by then, i'll send something else. Very sad that some beautiful things get lost forever due to the world's postal system. :(

I'm still missing mine from Victoria, though she did send me a few little extra bits which were smashing and arrived quickly and with no problems at all. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Please feel free to blame the USPS, no matter where it is coming from or going to.

They have been a real bane for several months now. I don't think any package I have sent or recieved since November has gone smoothly.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Still no updates on all the missing trades?!

Did the zombie apocalypse start in the world's postal departments?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Zombies ate the mailman and stole my fossils for their own personal collection of dead things

I am starting to get worried and I am slowly losing hope:(. I really hope a miracle happens and it shows up, almost a week later than Tidgy's dads package.

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

I am also getting worried.

Not just for the package but I havent heard from CBOB either after I asked if my pakcage had arrived yet...

Hope he's well

Just got word from Nimravis that my package sent to him arrived today which I sent WAY after I sent mine to CBOB

Oh well, I once had a simple letter sent to the USA that took 3 months to arrive :-)