Need help with fossil ID

eolson76

eolson76 this is very beautiful collection and from different ages, I see Inoceramid shell and ungulate teeth! :D

• I found this Informative 2

• New Members
On 2/10/2018 at 6:15 AM, D.N.FossilmanLithuania said:

I see Inoceramid shell and ungulate teeth!

Thanks, Fossilman! :) I'm going to go with Inoceramid for the shell, and that's what I was wondering, with the teeth. (Maybe some sort of deer, and then the larger one I hesitate to guess... maybe bison?)

eolson76 of course you are right, the smaller tooth is deer and bigger is Bison like. 

What is the age of the teeth? If they are from Miocene or earlier times, the Bison would belong to rare and interesting species... :) 

• I found this Informative 1

• New Members
10 hours ago, D.N.FossilmanLithuania said:

What is the age of the teeth?

Good question! From what I understand, they were actually found amongst the white gravel that had been hauled in to landscape around the newer farmhouse, when it was built in the 70s. (So while still technically found on the farm, those two pieces didn't actually originate from there. Nor can I give a certain description of where they had come from, unfortunately.) They do seem quite mineralized and dense.

Thank you eolson76, I think they should be older than pleistocene so the deer and bison can belong to rare and old species. :)

Best Regards

Domas 

• I found this Informative 1