is this keichousarus genuine?

Ermando98

My reply seems to have been deleted along with a duplicate post. :(

However, i think that it's difficult with the lack of detail in these images but it looks real to me, though there may have been a bit of improvement done to at least one of the feet. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

My last post seems to be deleted too, but it looks to me that the backbone and other parts looks to have been added/carved.  Just a guess?  Doesn't look quite right? 

RB

Mine were also deleted.  Commented with two concerns ..no closeups to take a good look at the bones and it's sourced directly from China

I think this specimen is genuine but it's seriously eroded by the acid washing during preparation (note the erosion on the bones).  Not sure if some painting has been done as I could not see clearly with the present photos.

Sorry, I arrived a little late for the party! :D

In this case I agree with my friend Crazyhen. In Guizhou, China, these fossils are prepared with acid washings, generally containing acetic acid in the composition. Perhaps there may be a little painting yes in the restoration, but to be sure only by observing at hand. But just by looking at these photos, I believe that most of the skeleton was corroded. Perhaps there was an error in the fossil preparation (prolonged exposure or error in the chemical formulation).

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Your question, "Is this keichousaurs genuine?" You found it on ebay.

Well, I agree with the others. It looks very genuine to me. It's too bad the picture is not very clear. 

Even with a bad picture, the only way this would not be genuine is if it was a casting of a real one. And just looking at the matrix alone tells me it's not a casting or reproduction. 

As others have said, there may have been improvements. There sometimes is but, hard to tell with these poor photos. Either way, small improvements is not such a bad thing.