Poc Monster Tooth

makoken

Went to poc today and ran into a geologist from the Dallas area. Anyway long story short he(Bobby) found a monster shark tooth. It looks like something from Morroco, Otodus or Cretolamna . Any help in i.d.?? Sorry for the lack of scale. the sunglasses were all we could come up with. I'll post my finds a bit later not near as exciting.

post-1010-1250126431_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1250126441_thumb.jpg

Went to poc today and ran into a geologist from the Dallas area. Anyway long story short he(Bobby) found a monster shark tooth. It looks like something from Morroco, Otodus or Cretolamna . Any help in i.d.?? Sorry for the lack of scale. the sunglasses were all we could come up with. I'll post my finds a bit later not near as exciting.

Nice tooth, but shouldn't be an otodus.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

I got a call from Barry a little bit ago about this baby!! Thats huge!! I dont have my shark book around me, but it almost looks Otodus

I might try to sneek up there tomorrow. try to get me some teeth

I got a call from Barry a little bit ago about this baby!! Thats huge!! I dont have my shark book around me, but it almost looks Otodus

I might try to sneek up there tomorrow. try to get me some teeth

I'll be out there with Barry and racevw. I sent you a PM about the STH stuff. Hope you can make it out.

Wow! That's a big one. :o

Wish I could have made it. I have a feeling you guys are going to find something very nice tomorrow. Call it a hunch. ;)

Wow! That's a big one. :o

Wish I could have made it. I have a feeling you guys are going to find something very nice tomorrow. Call it a hunch. ;)

Yeah wish you had come up. Also wish that tooth was mine. Oh well it was still cool being there. I check out the fish skull ,ya goin' back for more??

Went to poc today ...

I see "poc" referenced a lot here. Where/what is the poc?

Washington state guy.

Dave

Looks like Cretodus possibly. Awesome find!! Could be C. crassidens.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Looks like Cretodus possibly. Awesome find!! Could be C. crassidens.

Thanks for the ID help. Are you back in Virginia yet.

I see "poc" referenced a lot here. Where/what is the poc?

Washington state guy.

Dave

Post Oak creek is in Sherman Texas which is about an hour North of the Dallas area. The area is Cretaceous in age and the formation that outcrops there is the Eagle Ford Shale.There is a mix of shark teeth in the gravel bars that are collected by sifting or crawling the gravel bars.One can also find Paleolithic material and more recent vertabrate finds.

We should call it Glass Creek as there is plenty to go around :D

ok i am going to take a shot in the dark here, and go with Cretolamna woodwardi
Anywhere on the web to check out a pic,? Most web sites with TX teeth are small.

Anywhere on the web to check out a pic,? Most web sites with TX teeth are small.

Try punching it into google images.

Try punching it into google images.
Thanks. I think I'll go with Cretolamna sp. Until someone suggests otherwise.

Ummm...I've been telling people for years that everything is bigger in Texas! I guess when it comes to shark teeth, we have a problem. :unsure:

Time for you guys to step up. :D

Wow!! That this is one beautiful monster tooth.... it almost looks like it came from a Bradypus tridactylus :P

post-986-1250178083_thumb.jpg