Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

On 26/07/2018 at 2:06 AM, Adam86cucv said:

The boys have decorated the front porch. :D

IMG_20180722_150435836.jpg

That is my kind of a welcoming. The kids have done a nice job. :ighappy:

• I found this Informative 1

On 26/07/2018 at 3:11 AM, Peat Burns said:

There's a place in Alpena, Michigan, called "Dinosaur Gardens" that has an interesting history dating back to 1935 and has been resurrected again for tourists.  You can read about the history here: DINO GARDENS HISTORY

Screenshot_20180725-220440_Chrome.jpg.55014c8151d748448c00bf709d735686.jpg

And to add icing to the cake, Alpena is a terrific place to hunt Devonian fossils...:D

I love these old children’s play area dinosaurs . They look great.

• I found this Informative 2

14 hours ago, Haravex said:

Only have two plastic dinosaur's one given to me as a gift the spinosaurus (missing the nasal crest however) and the Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton model requested as a Christmas gift.

plastic.jpg

Very stylish display and  that is a lovely sculpture thanks for sharing.

Its actually not a sculpture its technically a educational toy "T-Rex Skeleton Model Science Kit" made by EDU-toys

1 minute ago, Haravex said:

Its actually not a sculpture its technically a educational toy "T-Rex Skeleton Model Science Kit" made by EDU-toys

Very nice and  thanks I will look it up. 

3 minutes ago, Haravex said:

A very expensive and well made educational toy!  Very nice!

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

A very expensive and well made educational toy!  Very nice!

It only cost £26 from amazon?

2 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Wow bargain . :dinothumb:

10 minutes ago, Haravex said:

I would have thought much more.

My favourite Dino movie...

How about we ask Spielberg for the answer?

Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg.7f3c572d46ad69aa22c976474c0c8cf2.jpg

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Nothing vintage or cool, but my desk at work. It’s a 15 piece dinosaur set from the new Jurassic World movie. (Yes, there’s only 13 there. The Mosasaur and pterodactyl aren’t displayed.) I’d love to find what happened to all my dinosaur toys from when I was a kid. I think they’re all packed up in storage. 

D8BFCDBA-4D3D-4CEF-9F41-FCA0B2CB78F6.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

18 hours ago, Heavy_D said:

Nothing vintage or cool, but my desk at work. It’s a 15 piece dinosaur set from the new Jurassic World movie. (Yes, there’s only 13 there. The Mosasaur and pterodactyl aren’t displayed.) I’d love to find what happened to all my dinosaur toys from when I was a kid. I think they’re all packed up in storage. 

D8BFCDBA-4D3D-4CEF-9F41-FCA0B2CB78F6.jpeg

Heavy D I disagree with you on them not been cool. Look good to me indeed. Thank you for adding to my post.

On 23/07/2018 at 5:22 AM, Wrangellian said:

Over on the mainland (Bridal Falls, east of Chilliwack) there used to be a theme park called 'Flintstones Bedrock City', with large cement dino statues painted in gaudy colors that kids could climb on, rides, etc, and then in the 1990s it changed to 'Dusty's Dinotown', much the same but without the Flintstones characters, just generic Barney-like dino characters. Anyone in this part of the world remember stopping in there on their way through?

It has long since closed (2010 apparently), but I think the statues remained as they were not easily moved. Not sure if they are still there but the place might be an RV park. Last few times I was through there, there was an impressive mineral collection in a showroom next to a gas station/restaurant at the site, right off the highway. Well worth a stop if it's still there.

Funny , Mrs Rico bought me this week for a vintage collectible shop a Flintstones annual 1968. Really nice little gift.:D

2DCD51F1-0AF3-46A3-8CFF-5FD172D50EBC.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Does any one display there plastic dinosaur with there fossil collection. I do and Frank does there are pictures in this thread. Please show a couple of pics if so. Thank Bobby 

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Does any one display there plastic dinosaur with there fossil collection. I do and Frank does there are pictures in this thread. Please show a couple of pics if so. Thank Bobby 

Funny you should mention that. I was actually thinking of displaying the Mosasaur that came with that Jurassic World collection with my Mosasaur tooth as soon as I find a suitable display. 

59 minutes ago, Heavy_D said:

Funny you should mention that. I was actually thinking of displaying the Mosasaur that came with that Jurassic World collection with my Mosasaur tooth as soon as I find a suitable display. 

Looking forward to seeing your Mosasaur display. :dinothumb:

3 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I do, but most of mine are in tubs right now because I'm too lazy to unpack everything between paleo camp presentations this summer. At home I display everything a little different, but here are photos of the setup from a presentation back in January. My gnome munching dino is under the dark green velvet cloth in the back of the last photo. I don't unveil him until the kids try to guess what was eaten in poo-doh coprolite that I made that contains gnome hat, boot, and belt inclusions. :)

MarineCoprolites-small.jpg

Terrestrial-ichno-small.jpg

Terrestrial-small.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

My granddaughter just sent a photo of her son's first birthday party. :)

received_10214313927776295.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

12 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

I do, but most of mine are in tubs right now because I'm too lazy to unpack everything between paleo camp presentations this summer. At home I display everything a little different, but here are photos of the setup from a presentation back in January. My gnome munching dino is under the dark green velvet cloth in the back of the last photo. I don't unveil him until the kids try to guess what was eaten in poo-doh coprolite that I made that contains gnome hat, boot, and belt inclusions. :)

MarineCoprolites-small.jpg

Terrestrial-ichno-small.jpg

Terrestrial-small.jpg

Wow l love your displays your number 2 jars look great in them frames. The plastic dinosaurs do also help  the students to visually understand the creature who left their calling card.

I think this thread has proven for me that the plastic dinosaur is a lot more than just a toy. It does document the thinking of the paleontologist of the time eg.the Kangaroo pose T. rex was put into. Dinosaur toy is also a great educational  tool  and above all it is brings us some very nostalgic memories . 

Thanks Lori for adding you fantastic collection to my thread. 

9 hours ago, Walt said:

My granddaughter just sent a photo of her son's first birthday party. :)

received_10214313927776295.jpeg

That’s lovely Walt I hope he had a great birthday. Thank you

11 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Wow l love your displays your number 2 jars look great in them frames. The plastic dinosaurs do also help  the students to visually understand the creature who left their calling card.

I think this thread has proven for me that the plastic dinosaur is a lot more than just a toy. It does document the thinking of the paleontologist of the time eg.the Kangaroo pose T. rex was put into. Dinosaur toy is also a great educational  tool  and above all it is brings us some very nostalgic memories . 

Thanks Lori for adding you fantastic collection to my thread. 

Thank you for asking and for starting this wonderful thread! You forgot to add...they are really fun to play with - especially the new articulated ones. :D The gem jars are actually in standard gem trays, I just prop them up until microscope time. I wish I could get new foam backing without having to buy the jars...they are getting a little grungy with all the little hands. It would be nice if there were better Triassic critters out there. I also like to use the standard Jurassic Park plastic raptors with the feathered raptor to give the kids an idea what they really looked like. I should try to find a kangaroo posed one to go with them so they can see what we thought they looked like when we were their age. Did they even make kangaroo pose raptors? 

• I found this Informative 3

Someone at a garage sale gave away this magazine page, dino print.  I thought it was really cool so I wanted to frame it.  Although heavy water damage,  I think it will look great with my collection. 

B7FA8F1D-A124-49DC-80C6-ED2BB405F742.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

2 minutes ago, Masp said:

Someone at a garage sale gave away this magazine page, dino print.  I thought it was really cool so I wanted to frame it.  Although heavy water damage,  I think it will look great with my collection. 

B7FA8F1D-A124-49DC-80C6-ED2BB405F742.jpeg

That is very nice looks great framed . When you have displayed in your collection can you show us a picture please. :dinothumb: