Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

2 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

That is very nice looks great framed . When you have displayed in your collection can you show us a picture please. :dinothumb:

I sure will Bobby!  Thanks for the compliment. Still in the process of doing of all that. Going to take a little while but I promise I will show 

• I found this Informative 2

I took Mrs Rico to the Netherlands for a cultural tour of gallerys and towns. As a thank you I received a funky  lamp . I think it is a night light for the kids but it looks pretty  cool with the rest of my collection.:D

D781F163-EA59-4A77-908F-D2545BEEC89A.jpeg

CAE580DE-9C5C-433C-86F8-8F259D95FCF2.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I took Mrs Rico to the Netherlands for a cultural tour of gallerys and towns. As a thank you I received a funky  lamp . I think it is a night light for the kids but it looks pretty  cool with the rest of my collection.:D

So you took her to another country.  And spent who knows how much taking her to museums and touring the countryside.  And she thanked you with a kid's nightlight? 

I can't tell you how happy I am to see that the exchange rate between spouses is the same the world over!  I thought I was always getting the soiled end of the stick! :rofl:

(But it is pretty cool and very thoughtful!  The going rate in our house for this kind of transaction would be allowing me to have fried food for a couple of meals!)

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Cool lamp I do like it..How big is it.  

Thanks Frank it is about 14in high so quite big. She got it in Rotterdam. It really ties the room together  :D

• I found this Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

So you took her to another country.  And spent who knows how much taking her to museums and touring the countryside.  And she thanked you with a kid's nightlight? 

I can't tell you how happy I am to see that the exchange rate between spouses is the same the world over!  I thought I was always getting the soiled end of the stick! :rofl:

(But it is pretty cool and very thoughtful!  The going rate in our house for this kind of transaction would be allowing me to have fried food for a couple of meals!)

It’s a hard life Walt but I can see the light now. :D she did take me to see Sue last year in Chicago.   :dinothumb:

6 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

It’s a hard life Walt but I can see the light now. :D she did take me to see Sue last year in Chicago.   :dinothumb:

Well that was pretty cool!  She's a keeper!  (but you know that already) :D

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks Frank it is about 14in high so quite big. She got it in Rotterdam. It really ties the room together  :D

It is nice size, should look great 

My son two years ago age 9 experimenting with dino versus toy soldiers. 

First up :

Dinosaur stand off 

Followed by :

Dinosaurs fight back

• I found this Informative 3

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

43 minutes ago, DE&i said:

My son two years ago age 9 experimenting with dino versus toy soldiers. 

First up :

Dinosaur stand off 

Followed by :

Dinosaurs fight back

I like the beginning but the ending was too sad for me sorry :( I don’t like tear jerkers :D

• I found this Informative 3

ROAR...I hope in the future they discover the big boy here actually had a high pitch helium Mickey Mouse squeak instead of the thunderous roars they are always depicted as having.  :ighappy:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

14 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

I LOVE the T. rex @DE&i!!!

You just like it because it looks like you in your dino suit!  Favoritism!!!!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Nice lamp! 

And I love the soldiers v dinos pics too! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Yep, got me. I just picked up some metal dental brackets for my suit. I'm hoping if I put braces on the teeth it won't scare the littles as much - also seriously considering a bright green version of the suit to match my eyes. :ighappy:

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

3 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

Yep, got me. I just picked up some metal dental brackets for my suit. I'm hoping if I put braces on the teeth it won't scare the littles as much - also seriously considering a bright green version of the suit to match my eyes. :ighappy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Bobby Rico said:

:dinothumb::ighappy::ighappy::ighappy:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

I've really been enjoying this thread! It's very entertaining!

But, I must confess living here in the carboniferous era, dinosaurs hold only a passing interest to me. Sorry! Ostracize me if you must:(

So, a little backstory; I took my 10 year old granddaughters on a little road trip for a fossil hunt and on the way we made a pit stop at a gas station.

There was a display of torch glass sculptures that caught their eye! A variety of animals with cute names, a bio of the critter and the birth date.

Of course, papa couldn't refuse the pleas of "Awww, can we get one?"

Well, in the process of their indecision on which ones they wanted, along with noticing the discount price of buying three, I found two of them that were dinosaurs!

So, "Ok, we each get two!" They chose theirs, and I got these!

I think they're pretty cool! (Ok, they aren't plastic, so again, kick me out if you must!:P)

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

Steve

1 minute ago, Bullsnake said:

But, I must confess living here in the carboniferous era, dinosaurs hold only a passing interest to me. Sorry! Ostracize me if you must:(

So, a little backstory; I took my 10 year old granddaughters on a little road trip for a fossil hunt and on the way we made a pit stop at a gas station.

There was a display of torch glass sculptures that caught their eye! A variety of animals with cute names, a bio of the critter and the birth date.

Well, in the process of their indecision on which ones they wanted, along with noticing the discount price of buying three, I found two of them that were dinosaurs!

I think they're pretty cool! (Ok, they aren't plastic, so again, kick me out if you must!:P)

they are pretty cool, so I vote you stay :)

33 minutes ago, Bullsnake said:

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

They are really nice . I second Walt vote for you too stay. Thank you for the kind words and for adding to this thread.

For me this thread is about a few things but one is to understand the publics fascination with dinosaur from the first dinosaur sculptures in Crystal Palace to the new Jurassic Park film or glass a dinosaur from a gas station.

All the best Bobby