Nsr

CreekCrawler

Planning a trip to the NSR this Saturday for some post rain collecting fun.

So far its me and Bobby"fossiliferous forrest" going.

Anyone is welcome to join us. Just chime on in!

Barry

If i can get this poison ivy to go away<_< and the swelling in my face to go down enough so I can see out of my left eye:( Ill be there. Im gonna go get a shot tomorrow so I should be fine by then.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Sorry to hear about your poison ivy find.At least you found some other stuff too :)

Hope it clears up by Saturday.Your left eye looked awefully red at lunch.

Planning a trip to the NSR this Saturday for some post rain collecting fun.

So far its me and Bobby"fossiliferous forrest" going.

Anyone is welcome to join us. Just chime on in!

Barry

Saturday's good for me,Just say where and when.

It's been raining for 4 days here. I hope it's doing the same at NSR and the river is raging. :D

I may (or may not) get to go Barry. Where ya planning on going?

Well we made it! I was a little worried about all the rain we have been having lately.At 1:30 am I checked the USGS stream chart flow"Thanks JohnJ" and determined that we could hunt the Sulphur.I'm like "yah right" like if I PM'd all who was interested in going at this hour and cancelled the trip....who would have actually checked this forum in the morning to see if the trip was still on.Anyway ,we all found some nice material.DFWphotoguy and girlfriend,BLM63"Bruce",DanielP and me showed up.I think the find of the day goes to Nate's"DFW'S" girlfriend.She found an excellent point that was awesome.Here are some pics of my finds and the awesome point.I'm going back to the Sulphur tomorrow with Batrefootgirl,Fossiliferous Forrest,DanielP and Meeeee!

post-417-12534044494347_thumb.jpgpost-417-12534044636281_thumb.jpgpost-417-12534044823176_thumb.jpgpost-417-12534045023057_thumb.jpg

Edited by CreekCrawler

Wow!! You guys did good and I love that point. Wish I could have gone with you guys today.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Not a bad day! Is the Mos tooth split??

Good eyes pard!!! As I was working it out of the matrix it broke in half.That's why they make Superglue....Right??

Good eyes pard!!! As I was working it out of the matrix it broke in half.That's why they make Superglue....Right??

Too bad bout the tooth.... Happens to the best of us! I have a hobby bottle of Liquid nails that i use ;).

Still a good find

Take two! Went back out to the Sulphur today and found a large fin from a fish.Possibly Xiphactinus or Pachyrhizodus.Also a nice Pachydiscus paulsoni and 2 hatchling snapping turtles that I will raise up a bit.I figure they will fare better if I can get them up to tennis ball size.Right now they would be easy pickings for the predators out there.

post-417-12534837868094_thumb.jpgpost-417-12534838117671_thumb.jpgpost-417-1253483829736_thumb.jpgpost-417-12534838471735_thumb.jpgpost-417-1253483866845_thumb.jpg

awesome finds bro!!! that point looks like a resharpened agate basin.(transitional paleo)

That point the Loch Nessie found is a killer!The color and material it was formed out of is fine indeed. The picture really doesn't do it justice..It looks way better in hand.

I need to clean it. Its pretty big.

Alfred North Whithead

By the way, those young turtles make good soup. ;)

Why do you think I brought them home....Gotta fatten them up a bit :P

I have a pond full of Mosquito fish that they can dine on.Then I'll add a little corn to sweeten the pot!!!!!

Nice finds everyone! Barry really nice of you to adopt the twins,I saw a couple of herons out there Saturday that would love to have found them. I'm going to try posting some pic's of my finds to share ,it may take a few days.

Thanks for setting up the trip this weekend , it was great to meet some people who enjoy this.

Nice hunting with you Bruce!!! You are definately right.I saw a couple of Great Blue Heron's out there and I am definitely giving the little guys a better chance than leaving them out there to fend for themselves among the avian predators.....Sorry Auspex,hope I didn't offend you :)

Edited by CreekCrawler