Nsr

CreekCrawler

Man, no shortage of cool stuff out there! The babys are pretty cool! They'll get nasty soon! I have found some of their family members that were 18-20inch shells!

Nice finds all! Barry, thanks for the invitation. I wish I could have made it out, but I had a full plate this weekend. Dustin's birthday, kung fu demo, Dustin's football game, cherida's gymnastics meet, etc etc. Tough to get away, but I'll get with ya next time I'm down hopefully.

Keep up the good work brother!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Nooo! I had a nice long post but I think the forum goblins ate it!

Barry and Daniel, THANK YOU! It was a real pleasure getting to meet you and we really really appreciate you taking some time to show us the NSR ropes. I should be mad at you though, seeing as its going to cost me an arm and a leg as we drive back and forth out there now that we kinda have a better idea what we are looking for!

That fish fin is AMAZING! Nice and I imagine surprising find.

I haven't had a chance to document all our finds but hopefully I will tonight. Nessa was the clear winner between me and her - she found the point, a possible plesiosaur vert and the largest shark tooth of the day compared with my Mosasaur verts and smaller teeth. No matter what it was our best NSR trip for sure!

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and hopefully we can make these hunts a bit more regular now that the Texas Summer is starting to chill out.

Nate

Barry and Daniel, THANK YOU!

Nate,it was a pleasure meeting you and Vanessa.You two found some very nice material.I go hunting every Saturday and you both are welcome to tag along anytime.Sometime in the future we need to go sifting for sharks teeth in Sherman,its loads of fun! Take care, and I'll see you in the mud sometime........

B

I went Friday, but the water levels were a little high. I found a few bones and what looks like a piece of a fish fin, and a piece of a turtle carapace. It started to rain before I got too far so I had to come back. I was just about to cross the somewhat fast moving river but I figure I’d better not be on the wrong side in case a flash flood comes. I was too busy to go Saturday with you guys.

Amateur Nature Photographer / Fossil Hunter

www.naturesstage.com

Kevin Knight

You guys really made some very nice finds. The snapper hatchlings are beyond cool. I've never found any quite that small. The rain has been "refreshing".

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Nice finds , both of you . I can hear the river calling but don't have time to answer just yet , maybe soon .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Nice finds , both of you . I can hear the river calling but don't have time to answer just yet , maybe soon .

Hi there,haven't seen y'all in a while.There is a ton of shale that has been deposited in the Western reaches of the river.Actually from the 2990 to the 68.If you do go I would suggest the 34 bridge to the Eastern localities.There is more gravel/rocks that way.We did manage a few decent finds from the 2990 West,but we had better luck finding material to the East.