Vertebrae: spinosaurus? Carcharadontasaurs? Crocodile?

Still_human

4 hours ago, Still_human said:

So would this vert of Haravax's be a carchar vert then? It seems longer than the verts shown in that reconstruction and other images. If it's compressed from the side, which it looks to be, wouldn't it fit as a spino? Or could it still be a carchar?

IMG_0323.PNG

No, I think this is spinosaur. As I said before, it's too slender for carcharodontosaur. The foramen on the side also don't seem to be present that are shown in the images that Troodon posted.

The more Kem Kem specimens I see, the more I think Carcharodontosaurid bones might actually not be that common. There might be a collecting bias, or it might just be that Carcharodontosaurids didn't die as much in the same area as Spinosaurs. Sometimes animals don't really live in an area, but they are just passing through. I'm not saying this is the case for Carcharodontosaurs in Kem Kem, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

But yeah, I'm saying spinosaur mid dorsal vert on this one. Though not conclusive, I would say more likely to be Spinosaurus rather than Sigilmassasaurus due to it lacking a ventral keel.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite