2019 MAPS- Main Show Venue

Nimravis

4 hours ago, Nimravis said:

No problem- if I see some at other shows that are coming up I will be sure to take some pics. If you want to see some real nice ones check out a post(s) that I did intge “ Trip to the museum “ section. Look for Dave’s Down To Earth Rock Shop. I believe I did posted 2 different trips, but one of them has some pics of crabs. This little museum has stuff that in my opinion is a lot better than is on exhibit at the Field Museum and his Mazon Creek collection is unbelievable- he has the one and only Mazon Creek fossil that I have sold in his collection- at least I can see it anytime I want.

Thanks Ralph

On 3/30/2019 at 5:23 AM, Monica said:

Hey Ralph - What is this giant thing?  A cone of some sort?

IMG_9333.thumb.jpg.75047cbd0284f281b81b9786c44ce4e1.jpg

In the upper right corner is another cone that has been cut in half to show its structure.  There are collectors who have a few of them because they can be different colors.  In the 90's there were a few dealers with these: cones of different sizes, cones in matrix, cones still attached to branches, smaller kinds of cones and seeds.  The Argentine government outlawed the export of fossils maybe 20 years ago so what gets resold from private collections and old dealer stock is all that's left available for sale.

• I found this Informative 1

17 minutes ago, siteseer said:

In the upper right corner is another cone that has been cut in half to show its structure.  There are collectors who have a few of them because they can be different colors.  In the 90's there were a few dealers with these: cones of different sizes, cones in matrix, cones still attached to branches, smaller kinds of cones and seeds.  The Argentine government outlawed the export of fossils maybe 20 years ago so what gets resold from private collections and old dealer stock is all that's left available for sale.

Correct- I have 2 complete and 1 half in my collection. A couple decades ago a dealer who come to MAPS from South America and he had some great stuff ant nice prices.

• I found this Informative 1