PODIGGER

Two more finds from last week I would appreciate some help on.  First #3 is what appears to be bone of some type.  It is heavier than it looks and feels solid.  #4 I believe to be a mammoth tooth fragment and am seeking confirmation.  Thanks for any input!

_88I5414.jpg

_88I5412.jpg

_88I5418.jpg

_88I5419.jpg

Your 4th photo of #4 shows the chewing surface and your third photo of #4 shows the enamel layers... Those are the differentiators for Mammoth.  Nice.

In #3, you have an interesting hunk of bone... that would seem to be identifiable but likely is not...

The most prevalent bone /shell in the Peace River is turtle, followed closely by Dugong.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thank you Shellseeker!  While #3 probably can't be identified I found it interesting that there appeared to me to be a bite mark on the left side of the bone visible in the 2nd and 4th photos.   The mammoth fragment is the heaviest and most solid one I have found.  One I will make the center of a mammoth tooth frag display.