T Rex tooth?

Dracarys

Thank you, its a very nice tooth great pickup.  Looks more rectunglar than oval so leaning toward a maxillary tooth.

12 hours ago, Troodon said:

Thank you, its a very nice tooth great pickup.  Looks more rectunglar than oval so leaning toward a maxillary tooth.

Thank you again. Will you please refer to me the section where you discuss how to identify the position of T. rex tooths?

13 hours ago, Troodon said:

Thank you. Very informative. Earlier you mentioned that there was a small part of the root attached to my tooth. Would you please elaborate? On my pictures, is the root the A arrow or B. Is B arrow matrix? Thank you in advance.  

Base.jpeg

Base1.jpeg

B is matrix and during preparation it should be removed.  A is the transition from root to crown and the root begins just below where the serrations end see photo.

Base.jpeg.87b2f08e656957d3c0c232c75835b9b0.thumb.jpg.b824ac9300b040ef621b33fbf1755041.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

39 minutes ago, Troodon said:

B is matrix and during preparation it should be removed.  A is the transition from root to crown and the root begins just below where the serrations end see photo.

Base.jpeg.87b2f08e656957d3c0c232c75835b9b0.thumb.jpg.b824ac9300b040ef621b33fbf1755041.jpg

Understood. Is it correct then that any attached root to the crown would mean that this tooth is not a shed tooth and one that would have been present in the animal upon death? Just curious. 

Generally yes if it has a root.  Not sure yours qualifies for that since its just at the transition point and I would still lean to it being a shed.