Crinoids On Steroids

Ryker

That'd be neat to see for sure.

I search a little for it, but came up short.

This is the one that grabbed my attention:

Funny that all this talk is going on about headless crinoids - I hunted for years in Tulsa, OK, a place where, like these others mentioned, you could find some "crinoidus giganticus" - I have one that is several inches long and about an inch thick and most of these were not in concretions but rather just on the surface for the collecting but in all those years, I picked up a LOT of crinoids but not one cup. I thought it was odd - I even specifically looked in those places for pieces or hints of cups and nothing but stems. I didn't put two and two together until reading this thread and I find it very intriguing.

You can be hit by a boat and die

You can be attacked by a shark and die

OR you could fall off the couch and die

GET OFF THE COUCH - go scuba!

This is the one that grabbed my attention:

Ya, I've definitely seen that one before, but I want to see the one with the crinoid being chased by brittle stars like ashcraft mentioned.

scale in avatar is millimeters

Come visit Sandi, the 'Fossil Journey Cruiser'

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce