And, because I was so excited last time to find that new lichid, I decided to find another one. :D 

Can't seem to get the photo right, but it looks much better in hand. The positive has more concealed under the matrix. Here is the positive and negative:

fullsizeoutput_5c3.jpeg

IMG_6379.JPG

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 6.35.48 PM.png

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

And, finally, a comparative table of trilobite taxons of equivalent strata. (A-SITE = the backyard spot; A-ON-FR = Formosa Reef, Ontario; O-NY = Onandaga of New York).

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 5.13.47 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...

Started out this morning at sub-zero, and it gradually warmed up a bit (but not enough to melt the snow and ice in the shadows). Not the most spectacular outing, but an outing nonetheless.

* Big brachs a la Strophodonta, some of these about 3 inches wide.

* Nicely articulated rostroconch (Conocardium cuneus)

fullsizeoutput_600.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

As for bugs, plenty of the usual proetid partials I left in the field. Also more Acanthopyge bottoms, one nicely articulated impression, and the other pretty rough.

IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Ooo-ahhh on that rostroconch. Very cool specimen!!! Congratulations. Those huge brachs are also very impressive. Would have made an outing in the cold worthwhile for me. 

• I found this Informative 1

The rostroconch does have some nice detail. I also like the positive and negative of the Strophodonta. Nice finds for a cold day! 

I bet you miss Jamaica’s warm weather right about now. :P

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thanks, gents. :) Quite a staggering number of these rostroconchs about.

@FossilNerd -- I do, but it's amazing how quickly one thermoregulates/adapts to the new normal. And, besides, being able to fossil hunt in late December up here is nothing short of miraculous! :D 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

And, besides, being able to fossil hunt in late December up here is nothing short of miraculous!

I am glad you were able to get out and hunt! Especially since it’s not a normal thing for this time of year. Icing on the cake of your vacation it would seem. :) 

1 hour ago, Kane said:

I do, but it's amazing how quickly one thermoregulates/adapts to the new normal.

True, but I think my regulator is stuck on hot! :heartylaugh:  I prefer warmer/hot weather to a fault. Maybe I’ll retire to the south west one day and hang out with some of our Texas or Arizona members. :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 minute ago, FossilNerd said:

Maybe I’ll retire to the south west one day and hang out with some of our Texas or Arizona members. :) 

And leave the great Ordovician bluegrass state? Kentucky seems to have more lovely road-cuts than our Devonian sites have coral. :D 

11 minutes ago, Kane said:

And leave the great Ordovician bluegrass state? Kentucky seems to have more lovely road-cuts than our Devonian sites have coral. :D 

You got me there! I am rather fond of the Ordovician road cuts. They may be worth dealing with the cold. ;) 

It's quite amazing to be out fossil hunting at the end of December in Ontario. 

Today's highlights include an Echinolichas (impression; the positive is not as impressive), and an Acanthopyge genal connected to a bit of the glabella area (and partially hidden under a bit of matrix). 

PC260723.JPG

PC260727.JPG