Quartz on fossil bone?

Matty from Reno

This weekend as I was out rockhounding for quartz crystals I found this interesting piece.  It looks very much like bone to me.  Any insight or information would be appreciated.  I will add more pics in the comment section.  Thank you! 

20191007_113303.jpg

25 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Sorry. I'm not seeing bone here.

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm curious as to what the heck it is.  The shape and the texture is what made me think it might be bone.  I couldn't find anything else like it in the area.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The porous parts are the result of mineral dissolution (weathering). There seems to be a crystalline section of quartz which could be a seperate vein attached to some agate, or it could be that the whole piece is from a mineralized quartz vein.

Like Rockwood, I do not see any bone.

• I found this Informative 5

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

• 2 years later...

It looks like fossilized meat.

And just a note to those compelled to quote Darwin. Darwin is just some dead guy. There is absolutely no evidence of cross species evolution found anywhere. It is now a ten plus year old fact that humans in fact have many genomes that are not found nor shared with any other species. And it has also been proved as fact, that inner species evolution can be witnessed in video over the course of several months, or in some cases weeks. However the offspring of these creatures that evolve or metamorphize is always the same as the original. If anything actually had what is referred to as evolution occurred over millions of years, then we would have an over abundance of proof and evidence every step of the way, where in fact we have no such evidence or proof of any kind that was not created by modern man as nothing but a concept or theory.

Scientific consensus says otherwise. Also, the scientific method has nothing to do with proof, which only pertains to rationalist disciplines like mathematics. We are a science-based forum.

• I Agree 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

The term Scientific Method is nothing more than a term left open for interpretation. What it is not, it is not an excuse for with those with facts to ignore said facts for nothing more than the self preservation of ones own ideas. Theories and ideas in themselves, are not the Scientific Method. I am very much a fan and admirer of science in all fields. My favorite subjects are dinosaurs and undiscovered things. I have also personally penned a proven mathematical statement or equation of my own accord. So I implore all, to examine things to a deeper level and above all else to be sure to not take nor give credit to ones self or to someone where it is not due. It's called integrity.

28 minutes ago, VinTropic said:

And just a note to those compelled to quote Darwin. Darwin is just some dead guy. There is absolutely no evidence of cross species evolution found anywhere. It is now a ten plus year old fact that humans in fact have many genomes that are not found nor shared with any other species. And it has also been proved as fact, that inner species evolution can be witnessed in video over the course of several months, or in some cases weeks. However the offspring of these creatures that evolve or metamorphize is always the same as the original. If anything actually had what is referred to as evolution occurred over millions of years, then we would have an over abundance of proof and evidence every step of the way, where in fact we have no such evidence or proof of any kind that was not created by modern man as nothing but a concept or theory.

Respectfully, what do your comments have to do with this two year old topic?

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

22 hours ago, VinTropic said:

And you've seen lots and lots of fossilized meat? Where? When? Please document this. Post photos!

I have also personally penned a proven mathematical statement or equation of my own accord.

I love mathematics. Please post this. I'd love to see it. What exactly is the difference between a mathematical statement and an equation?

My favorite subjects are dinosaurs and undiscovered things.

Which is your favorite undiscovered thing?

The term Scientific Method is nothing more than a term left open for interpretation.

Actually, Scientific Method is quite well defined. Here's the Oxford dictionary definition. 

sci·en·tif·ic meth·od
/ˈˌsīənˈtifik ˈmeTHəd/
noun

1. a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!