Beginners Luck

lcordova

Would love to tell a lie on how I found this Ammo.... something fancy like "I research some places to visit and it paid"... But theres no sexy story here...

I bought some stuff, went to pick it up and was coming back home to Houston around 4:30 pm when going thru Mansfield in SouthEast Tarrant County saw that, were they are expanding the highway, they were a bunch of rocks in the typical "lightish brown look alike" rocks where I´ve found gastros before in Central TX...

Nothing to lose since there was plenty of sunlight left..... Decided to do a stop and 5 minutes later I found this:

post-15821-0-17294300-1418188835_thumb.jpg

Good grab! I always carry my equipment in the trunk just for such situations. Found many a good thing that way. Some layers over here are only available due to construction sites.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

There doesn't have to be a big story behind every find - sometimes it's just wonderful to be lucky!

Great find - jealous of those who get to find ammonites.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Nice find! I do the same thing whenever I see a new construction site with a big pile of rocks. Just last week I made a stop at a site I've visited before on the way home from work and found a partial megaladon tooth laying on top of a little pile of rocks.

post-16954-0-86170000-1418221562_thumb.jpg

Would love to tell a lie on how I found this Ammo.... something fancy like "I research some places to visit and it paid"... But theres no sexy story here...

I bought some stuff, went to pick it up and was coming back home to Houston around 4:30 pm when going thru Mansfield in SouthEast Tarrant County saw that, were they are expanding the highway, they were a bunch of rocks in the typical "lightish brown look alike" rocks where I´ve found gastros before in Central TX...

Nothing to lose since there was plenty of sunlight left..... Decided to do a stop and 5 minutes later I found this:

Now that is an attention grabber!

Nice - I just got back from Texas about a week ago and had a similar experience. Saw where a new subdivision was going in West of Fort Worth and the ground looked "right" so I spent about an hour there and came away with some good finds.