Second Annual TFF Secret Santa

IonRocks

OMG OMG OMG my Secret Santa arrived the day before yesterday from Canada. (MalcolmT)

I still cant believe the WEALTH of AWESOME fossils.

Which was way WAY more than I could ever have hoped for.

Especially the Sea Scorpion parts really made my day

THANKS Malcolm

Pat

Overview_thumb_jpg_2400b2b621c0c61d7aff331844a05cc0.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Pat you were supposed to keep them guessing who your Secret Santa was...................

Ooops. Sorry.

Excitement I guess

Once the gift is received it should be OK, since it is no longer a mystery to the recipient at that point. 

Isn't it odd that we are seeing more packages from overseas givers and recievers than from US, which should be arriving much sooner?

IMG_0093.JPG

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Good old USPS I assume.

I am still waiting to receive.

My international person I mailed to has already received and posted theirs!

Helps if you send it 5 day air delivery. Surface was half the price but still very expensive but they said it would take 8 to 12 weeks (Canada to Nederlands) and you could not track where it was. No cheap way to send things from Canada to Europe that weigh over 500 grams

8 to 12 weeks = 2 to 3 months!  What on earth are they doing with it all that time?!!  The package probably gets there in 4 days and just sits captive in a warehouse until they decide you've suffered long enough.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Santa has not landed here yet..... I am too excited looking at all the wonderful things that have been posted so far.

But he is not due till after midnight on the 24th :D

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

8 to 12 weeks = 2 to 3 months!  What on earth are they doing with it all that time?!!  The package probably gets there in 4 days and just sits captive in a warehouse until they decide you've suffered long enough.

Canada Post they send it surface ....by ship but they still wanted $44.00 for the pleasure of doing it with no tracking. All this for a package that weighed 3 1/2 pounds (1.7 kg) Fedex and UPS wanted over $100 to send to Netherlands. They sure do not make it cheap to get things bigger than an envelope out of Canada.......

• I found this Informative 1

32 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Canada Post they send it surface ....by ship but they still wanted $44.00 for the pleasure of doing it with no tracking. All this for a package that weighed 3 1/2 pounds (1.7 kg) Fedex and UPS wanted over $100 to send to Netherlands. They sure do not make it cheap to get things bigger than an envelope out of Canada.......

My package to Europe was 60$ and only weighed 2 pounds! (USPS)

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

As I actually sent it (5 to 7 days air) it was $73 and that was with a 23% small business discount.

17 minutes ago, ynot said:

My package to Europe was 60$ and only weighed 2 pounds! (USPS)

What?! That's insane!  Every time I have sent packages to Europe it has been around $23.00 for up to 4 pounds.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

@caldigger

First Class International up to 4 pounds yes, but it doesn't include tracking. Atleast not for me.

If you want tracking then First Class Priority International (I believe is what they call it) is about $60

Strange enough, it was cheaper for me to mail 3 pounds to Hong Kong than 2 pounds to England!

I sent One pound to Hong Kong, $20

Took a lot less time than I would have thought too

No tracking though. I generally only get tracking on US things (because it's cheap) or for more expensive/less replaceable international shipments

Cost me 35usd to send a 3.4lbd from japan to US with international express service, tracker include. Cannot say it is cheap but the service is good.  

Heard that canadian postal service was expensive but not to this extent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Did not know canada postal service was this crazy .. any private owned alternative ?

In France 1 kg  ( metric system please) is 22 € to wherever on the planet ....

And I thought that was already expensive !( but with very good service , one week door to door to the US with tracking )

Merry x-mas. Hope it will be filled of joy.

OK, were there any members holding there packages to open on Christmas Day?  Let's see them!!!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Oh yah, boxing day has arrived!

Here is what I got from My secret santa...

front and back views (sale in inches)DSCF5009.JPGDSCF5011.JPG

Thank You Santa!:fistbump:

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I am still anxiously awaiting mine!

Hopefully it arrives before I leave town!

For all those reading this though, it was conveyed to me that my Secret Santa was sending the package a bit late.

I can say that the package i send arrived in time, but no picture posted yet.