Member of the Month - May 2020 - Plax

Kane

Woohoo! Congrats! 

:yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Congratulations Don. An especially well deserved honor in your case. Keep up the great work and keep on sharing. 

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.018db260eebaeadd02eab56898551267.gif

Well deserved indeed! Thanks for all you've added to this wonderful forum, helping us all learn, share and appreciate our amazing little world.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Congratulations!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Congratulations Don

On 5/1/2020 at 8:12 AM, Al Dente said:

Congrats. Plax is a walking encyclopedia of geological and paleontological knowledge (and also other areas of interest including plants, reptiles and amphibians, etc.).

Could say the same about you Al Dente!

I’ve come out from behind my mask just long enough to say congratulations, Don!  Hope you can still get out and do some collecting!

Congrats on MoTM!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Congratulations!!!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Boy am I late to this party!!  I don't know how I missed the announcement.  A very big congrats @Plax Don.  :yay-smiley-1:

I must say, you live in one of my favorite parts of NC for fossil collecting.  Between Rocky Point and Castle Haynes the Martin M. quarries provided me with hours of joy in the 1990's.  I'm sure you fully understand the great place you have to hunt.  Again, Congrats.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:59 PM, grandpa said:

Boy am I late to this party!!  I don't know how I missed the announcement.  A very big congrats @Plax Don.  :yay-smiley-1:

I must say, you live in one of my favorite parts of NC for fossil collecting.  Between Rocky Point and Castle Haynes the Martin M. quarries provided me with hours of joy in the 1990's.  I'm sure you fully understand the great place you have to hunt.  Again, Congrats.

Did we know each other when you were here? Am assuming you belonged to NCFC or went to school in NC? this is indeed a great place to be in NC. Most of the state is igneous (minor parts) or metamorphic from the fall line to the Tenessee line. A few Triassic basins for those "in the know" and a precambrian site or two being the exceptions.

Actually, I never have lived in NC.  My son-in-law was stationed in Jacksboro for 5 yrs, plus my work often took me to RTP on business.  I took advantage of those visits to avail myself to the wonderful fossil collecting opportunities in NC.  I was a member of NCFC for a few years (while still living in Austin) but only to get their great Janus publication.  I also joined the club once on a hunt at Lee Creek back in the day, thanks to my friendship with Thelma Bennett.  (Her son and granddaughter were members of the Austin club I belonged to and that in turn connected me with her - a wonderful, generous lady!)  So, in short, I don't believe we have met.

• Fossildude19 unfeatured this topic