RuMert

Wow! What a wonderland of finds there. As usual your photographs are stunning. It is easy to faun over the ammonites and marine reptiles finds, but I find the bivalves and gastropods are also especially cool. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your harvest.

• I found this Informative 1

Wow the scenic shots are very eye appealing. I can't believe the abundance, and the different preserved fossils too. Thanks for taking us along!

• 3 months later...

Stunning landscape! I just love cliffs like that, so towering and overwhelming, yet so colourful... :o

Boy, would I like the opportunity to go for a fossil hunt there sometime! For though it seems true that the material from the Jurassic Coast and its French counterparts may be more impressive in a way, finding this amount of vertebrate material - or even this amount of finds in general - is just unthinkable at these sites. There are so many people searching them these days, that just finding a single nice vert makes me very happy over there, makes the whole week-long trip worth it. I'd be very happy with what you found! Especially the tooth-tip :drool:

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Thanks! I'm happy to have this site available and unlikely to ever be destroyed like many sites with a rich history: Mnevniki, Eganovo quarry, Lopatino phosphorite mine, etc. Hope to visit it again in 2 months

3 hours ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

There are so many people searching them these days, that just finding a single nice vert makes me very happy over there

The focus must have shifted to Yorkshire - there are so many Youtube channels devoted:D

You posted this in October... I must have missed it completely then.  Great report.  I feel like I was right there with you.  What a fun place to go fossiling.  Thanks for sharing.   

Coming out of hibernation here and the ground hog predicted 6 more weeks of winter;( The  pictures are most appreciated and not too many. 
Thanks for the bump as I had missed this too.

Bob

• Thank You 1