ID help: Possible tiny bone from Pennsylvanian subperiod

Gramps

I wonder if anyone may be able to help determine whether this is a bone, and whether it might be from a fish or a tetrapod? It was found in the Middle Pennsylvanian Wewoka Formation of northeastern Oklahoma. It may take me 3-4 postings to upload all 7 images.

Best wishes.

Possible Bone 1.JPG

Possible Bone 2.JPG

Looks like a bone with articulation surfaces on the T-shaped end to me, albeit either water-worn or affected by (stomach) acid. And not just for the shape, but for the purpose internal structures that remind me of bone vascularisation too. If it is, though, I doubt whether it'd be fish, seeing as, as said,  the bone looks rather porous. Would it ve possible to have come from some kind of amphibian, maybe?

Just guessing here, so would really be interested in seeing what others have to say...

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

I do find a lot of crinoid spines in this area, but until now they have been straight, with one end that is broad, flat, and ornamented, while the other end has a circular cross section and sharp point. This location has many isolated crinoid thecal plates as well. I'm intrigued by the possibility of crinoid. I've also wondered if might be a bone from the shoulder or pelvic area of some small critter. It will be interesting to see if this one gets resolved.

33 minutes ago, jpc said:

I have no idea, but nice photos.  Did you use a microscope to take the pictures? 

I took these pictures through the new camera my wife got me for Christmas  (I asked for it after she asked for a nice new sewing machine). The camera is a Canon Rebel t8i with the kit lens (18-55 mm zoom) plus Kenko extension tubes (product # KEAETSCD). The extension tubes are compatible with Canon's EF/EFS lenses (to retain automatic camera functions). I believe I used the 36 mm extension tube for these images. I also used a NiSi NM-180 macro focusing rail to control distance between the camera and fossil. I took images at several different focus points and stacked them with Helicon Focus software. I'm just learning how to use the camera and software, so there is plenty of room for improvement. If I can get the additional Helicon Remote software to work with my camera, the focus steps will be controlled automatically, which will further improve the final pictures.

I have used a microscope to take some other photos that I've posted on TFF; however, I find microscope photography to be a lot more work with the equipment I have (although the final picture quality seems comparable).

• I found this Informative 2