Show Us Your Fossils Challenge Mode: Ordered By Geologic Time Period!

MeargleSchmeargl

8 minutes ago, Pleuromya said:

Round four is finished!

The points so far are:

@Paleorunner 13 Points

@Kasia 11 Points 

@Ludwigia and @fossilsonwheels  at 5 Points each

The Precambrian is up next! 

I think you made a mistake when counting my entries in the fourth round, I have 4 posts,( Cambrian, Jurassic, Oligocene, and Pliocene.) plus 11 would be 15 points, if I'm not mistaken. :zzzzscratchchin:

Edited by Paleorunner

5 minutes ago, Paleorunner said:

I think you made a mistake when counting my entries in the fourth round, I have 4 posts,( Cambrian, Jurassic, Oligocene, and Pliocene.) plus 11 would be 15 points, if I'm not mistaken. :zzzzscratchchin:

Sorry, I didn't realise, I must have miscounted. I will go back to round 2 and count all of the scores again just to be sure I haven't done the same for any other scores. 

• Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, Paleorunner said:

Sorry about that. I think that is because in my previous post I had included all of the points, including those that had already been posted in round 4, which included your Cambrian and Jurassic fossils. I did go back to the start and it seems to add up to 13 again. Please let me know if anything else is wrong. :)

42 minutes ago, Pleuromya said:

Sorry about that. I think that is because in my previous post I had included all of the points, including those that had already been posted in round 4, which included your Cambrian and Jurassic fossils. I did go back to the start and it seems to add up to 13 again. Please let me know if anything else is wrong. :)

Yes, that was the mistake, you added two innings from the fourth round, to the third, the total is 13 points. :Smiling:

• I found this Informative 1

11 minutes ago, Paleorunner said:

Yes, that was the mistake, you added two innings from the fourth round, to the third, the total is 13 points. :Smiling:

Ok, that's good. :dinothumb:

In the future I will only add up the scores of the round. :)

• I Agree 1

Permian, Permian, Permian, where are you?? We are going to cover the Paleozoic within one hour!! :heartylaugh:

Franz Berrnhard

Edited by FranzBernhard
  • Enjoyed 1

11 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

Permian, Permian, Permian, where are you?? We are going to cover the Paleozoic within one hour!! :heartylaugh:

Franz Berrnhard

Ok, ok, your calling has been heard :BigSmile:

Traces of Antichnium, Permian, France

obraz.png.5f8c65091e5f1a052a63c2aa917c39c2.png

• Enjoyed 6

Nice attempt, @Kasia, but you did not make it - one hour and 12 minutes! Maybe next time ;).

Ol fossil rock, Dachstein coral (reefal) limestone, freshly broken surface. Phaceloid coral colony. Locally abundant, but corallites rarely preserved better than as white calcite spots. Matrix is usually grey, rarely patchy reddish-brown, more often towards the top of the formation, thats where this specimen comes from.

2736_kompr.thumb.jpg.2fe18654f0719056a805ef9e27a04ff7.jpg

Franz Bernhard

Edited by FranzBernhard
  • I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 5

Lias, I catch it

A nice Eparietites from lower Jurassic of Humberside, N/E - Britain

approximately 21 cm, polished (only way to prepare)

2232_Eparietites_Humberside-.thumb.jpg.1b2198ac98b0b1edd00f705773aa3169.jpg

Edited by rocket
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 6

20 hours ago, Norki said:

Canadoceras yokoyamai

Haslam Formation, Nanaimo, B.C., Canada

Upper Santonian, Upper Cretaceous

As a pachydiscid, these Canadoceras can get pretty large (there's an apparent impression of one that's over 1m diameter at a spot nearby), but this one stands out as being particularly massive for this site, especially considering that this is only the phragmocone!

1356755727_PXL_20220821_0635376842.thumb.jpg.3d111e01288f500a6beb1f5b06adf809.jpg

Wow... Did you find all of these yourself?

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

Wow... Did you find all of these yourself?

Yep, they're all from the Nanaimo shale pits.

Edited by Norki