FossilSniper

Found at the famous Caesar Creek spillway, which exposes the Liberty and Whitewater formations.

Thinking Grewingkia canadensis for the horn coral.

The brachiopod is not a spiriferid, and is too round for Vinlandostrophia. Four ridges (pictured) suggest Lepidocyclus perlamellosa/Hiscobeccus capax for the calcified brachiopod.

And ideas what the circled encrusting bryozoan may be (circled red)? It is not patterned like Escharopora falsiformis--the zooids cells have no pattern, more like Aspidopora sp.

Feel free to contest my identification; I am always looking to improve. What are your thoughts?

HornCoralACrop1.jpg

BrachioASquare1.jpg

BrachioBSquare2.jpg

BrachioCSquare1.jpg

BrachioDSquare1.jpg

HornCoralBCrop2.jpg

HornCoralCCrop1.jpg

HornCoralDCrop1.jpg

I won't be able to help with ID and I suspect that neither will anybody else as the photos are not in focus and not high enough resolution. Can you try to get better quality images? Taking photos in hand always causes some blurring due to slight movement so try placing on a table in bright natural light. Of course a lot depends on the quality of the camera too..

• I Agree 2

Definitely need better pictures. These are just too small, and unfocused to allow any discussion.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Unfortunately, for now I do not have better pictures. These were the most informative frames sent to me from two videos. I will ask for photos once they finish their 12 hour ride home. They were taken outside. In person the horn coral is readily identifiable, and the brachiopod is trickier but more clear in person. I have a decade of experience in material from this location and am confident in my IDs, but I am posting in case there are second opinions. While they were here I had a much better view of them in person.

Edited by FossilSniper