Carboniferous Roachoid? Westphalian A Zaleskie Beds Poland

EliasG

Hello!

In the past couple months I have been searching out terrestrial arthropod fossils of the carboniferous. In this time I have procured quite a few specimens that I would love to have examined by members of the community, especially those experienced in the identification of carboniferous fauna. I will post the specimens one by one over the next week, if they turn out to be something different than the name they were sold by I will not be disappointed. My experience in Entomology and close disciplines such as Arachnology and Myriapodology has only been with modern species, excluding minor experience with arachnids in amber, so I am so excited to pick your brains!

The first fossil was indicated as being from the Carboniferous Zaleskie Beds of Poland, dated at 314 mya. It was sold to me as a "roach" though I know roaches had yet evolve so if so i'm guessing this would be a roachoid. The fossil itself is 3.0 x 2.5 x 1 cm. I will be posting pictures of the specimen below, please let me know if you have any questions or need further information to support a conclusive ID.

Thank you all so much for your help! Looking forward to your input.

987343211_PossibleRoachoid1.png

Possible Roachoid 2.jpeg

Possible Roachoid 3.jpeg

I would say that there is not enough preserved to claim that is a roach. You should ask the seller for evidence.

• I Agree 1

This looks similar to coprolite material from Mazon  Creek area. :headscratch:Not seeing roach here.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks very much like Achistrum sp., a Mazon Creek sea cucumber.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!