Kem Kem Beds Vertebra (Spinosaurid?)

Flashlight

Currently working on cataloging my fossil collection as best as I can, and am uncertain on this one. I don’t doubt the authenticity of the fossil itself or stated region based on other examples, but the “Spinosaurus sp.” given by the plate it came with feels awful presumptuous, so I’ve currently settled on a sweeping “Spinosauridae” classification. Does anything about this point to something more specific, or something more vague? Can provide more/better images if needed.

F620AD65-CEB1-48CD-BA5F-956292CD7653.jpeg

It's a nice looking vert!

Can we see more pictures? That and measurements like length, thickness, and height will help a lot.

6 hours ago, jikohr said:

It's a nice looking vert!

Can we see more pictures? That and measurements like length, thickness, and height will help a lot.

Thanks!

Here's a few better pics with measurements: 

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

Well, I don't know what it is, but I do know that there isn't a Tegana Formation in the Kem Kem, or, indeed, anywhere in Morocco. 

Though it's a common enough mistake even in some published articles and papers. 

And the Kem Kem is Cenomanian which is Late Cretaceous. There isn't a Middle Cretaceous, though I get what they mean as the Cenomanian is sort of in the middle of the period, but it, coupled with an incorrect formation, suggests the label maker doesn't know his stuff. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png