Ammonite I collected in Montana Complete

svcgoat

I want to thank @AncientEarth for the wonderful prep work on this specimen. I'll be excited to pick it up next month. Aaron does really good work and I will definitely use him again in the future.

received_982914352790685.jpeg

• Enjoyed 8

• 2 weeks later...

Very welcome! 

The fossil was in a pile of pieces before I put it back together and removed the outer concretion, hence a few cracks. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2023 at 11:18 PM, svcgoat said:

I want to thank @AncientEarth for the wonderful prep work on this specimen. I'll be excited to pick it up next month. Aaron does really good work and I will definitely use him again in the future.

received_982914352790685.jpeg

Amazing! Pardon my ignorance, but my first thought when I see this is ammolite, am I correct? Incredible find

Just now, Shaun-DFW Fossils said:

Amazing! Pardon my ignorance, but my first thought when I see this is ammolite, am I correct? Incredible find

Correct it's technically Ammolite. But it's from the Montana side of the border is it's a bit more delicate than the stuff from Canada

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, svcgoat said:

Correct it's technically Ammolite. But it's from the Montana side of the border is it's a bit more delicate than the stuff from Canada

I didn’t realize the difference, thanks for sharing! I’d be very excited regardless