Unknown Bone from Hastings Beds, England

Dino9876

Hello!

I bought this bone from England a long time ago and unfortunately I still don't know what it is.
Unfortunately, I didn't note the exact location at the time and unfortunately I can't remember it either. All I knew was that the bone came from the Hastings Beds. Unfortunately I don't have any other information.

The bone measures approx. 16 x 8 x 6 cm (6,3 x 3,2 x 2,4 ").

I would be very happy if someone could help me and know which animal the bone belongs to. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the ID of fossil bones at all. Perhaps the bone can be assigned to at least one group of animals.

I would be grateful for any help!

Thank you in advance from Germany!

1.thumb.JPG.bbfb0112b5665ddc27c5d1a8153b237b.JPG 2.thumb.JPG.4ff56da89c515f8fe19a07f58451df9d.JPG 3.thumb.JPG.e01c68887cee1a93d4a2afa2800712e6.JPG 4.thumb.JPG.7f2828e193b6412cfb347959958ae3a2.JPG s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.9f70986dbe306bc635a5afe0bdc92b4e.jpg s-l1600.thumb.jpg.0a25d9d98b8f5749badbe175440ee77f.jpg

My collection of Uncommon extant shark teeth - Here

My collection of interesting rare shark jaws - Here

Hi Dino, I`m not an expert with boney material, others here are however. I think seeing a photo of the cross section where the break is would help. The shape is not very regular for a bone. I could be water rolled as from Hastings. Lets see what the more erudite members think...

Steve 

• Thank You 1

Not sure of an ID but i am familiar with this site and this definitely looks like Cretaceous dinosaur bone from the Hastings Beds. 

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Thanks for all your answers.

I won't be able to take more detailed photos until I'm back home in 2 weeks.
Maybe someone have an idea by then what it is. I also spontaneously thought of a dinosaur, a crocodile or something similar. But I really don't know much about it.

My collection of Uncommon extant shark teeth - Here

My collection of interesting rare shark jaws - Here