Semi-micro fossils (echinoid, shell, bryozoans, others) from Aireys Inlet, Victoria, Australia (Oligocene)

Oli_fossil

3 hours ago, Oli_fossil said:

IMG_0159.jpeg

Another Isididae, confirmed.
Both the previous one, I am referring to the one from the Miocene of your previous post, and this one remind me of the genus Keratoisis, although the specific literature from the collection area would have to be investigated. The Isididae family has many genera and I only control a few, few in fact.
Thank you very much for the photos, it is always a pleasure for me to see fossil corals.
Kind regards.

Edited by oyo
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Oli_fossil said:

Also found this little thing - smooth, with a squareish cross-section

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

This is another octocoral. These are the hard rods found in sea pens. Graphularia is a possible genus for this. My reference says Graphularia have been found in the Eocene and Oligocene of Australia.

Edited by Al Dente
  • I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Oli_fossil said:

Coral or bryozoan?

IMG_0161.jpeg

This is a bryozoan.

• I found this Informative 1

@Oli_fossil what is your photography setup, ruler included? It seems better than a run of the mill digital zooms normally seen on the forum.

• Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the slow reply I just saw this! Ruler was just a metal ruler I had lying around, most of these photos were taken with an Olympus TG-7, which I originally bought for snorkeling & underwater photography, but which turns out to have superb macro capabilities