Help identify what this is

therrera

Hello and welcome.  This looks like the product of geological weathering to me.  

It will help others to identify any items you have if you can include the geographic region where the item was found and a solid size measurement.

• I Agree 1

Where was it found ? How big is it ? At first glance, this looks like If It could be an Ironstone concretion or a geode. Sharper pictures would be helpful . Thats all i can say about it :shrug:

• I Agree 2

Are good signatures really that important ?

This was found in Duncan Arizona, close to the Arizona , New Mexico border. It's size is about 2ft by 2ft by 2 ft

• Thank You 1

I'm getting a concretion vibe but without clearer pictures it's hard to tell what kind of rocks are involved, does any of it look shiny or sparkle?  Arizona has a lot of exotic minerals wondering if it could be some of those?

27 minutes ago, Lone Hunter said:

I'm getting a concretion vibe but without clearer pictures it's hard to tell what kind of rocks are involved, does any of it look shiny or sparkle?  Arizona has a lot of exotic minerals wondering if it could be some of those?

Either concretion, pet wood or stromatolite.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

43 minutes ago, hemipristis said:

Either concretion, pet wood or stromatolite.

That's exactly what I was thinking,  stromatolite with some kind of minerals involved, but also kinda looks like an opalized burl just going by milky colors.  @DPS Ammonite?

I am not seeing any clear signs that it is a fossil. Without clearer photos of the individual mineral grains, it sort of looks like a volcanic rock.

• Thank You 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

The tags say nest and eggs and i can say positively it’s not either of those. I’m seeing just an interesting rock….but clearer pictures would be needed to rule out some of the other possibilities