Model resurrection

Mahnmut

Hello fellow forum members,

although since moving to our new homee I assembled one of @lormouths great models

https://www.thefossilforum.com/topic/129280-dimorphodon-skeleton-by-lormouth/

and printed another one of my own (well, digitally remastered museum scan)

https://www.thefossilforum.com/topic/97806-neogene-ungulates/page/2/#comments

I had not found the time yet to reassemble, repair, complete and improve and photograph many models that got damaged through transport.

I also missed the opportunity o take fotos of the worst damage.

But I started to reassemble now...

will take some time, I plan to post the results here.

Workshop.JPG

• Enjoyed 3

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

Popcorn.gif.b12b3769e315a8c9fedfcc7e8fe72fae.gifPopcorn.gif.b12b3769e315a8c9fedfcc7e8fe72fae.gif

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

OK,

here are some results.

Placodonts and marine mammals are still waiting to be completed. The Desmostylian has now fittingly the head of Neoparadoxia, skull from here https://www.phenome10k.org/neoparadoxia-cecilialina/, jaw selfmade.

The Platypus is an old cast that until recently sat in nicotine-yellow and neutrally posed somewhere unspectacular.

The swimming pose is the best I could come up with after looking at a lot of platypus pics and vids.

Megaladapis got a new tree stump to sit on and a recent companion.

The Azdharchid had completely collapsed, its joints molten. I took the opportunity to give her a nicer base, missed the opportunity to take fotos.

Most of the other pterosaurs had broken wings, not anymore.

Best regards,

J

mam1.JPG

mam2.JPG

Megal.JPG

mplaco.JPG

mptero.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

Thomas Henry Huxley

There are not only damaged models, but also a lot of projects that have been abandoned...

Because my own 3d printer does not support very fine detail, I tended to make more robust models like Deinotherium in the last year, keeping filigree marine rptiles on ice meanwhile.

For compromise, I had some reptile skulls printed commercially and try to make the postcrania with own prints, wire and whatever.

I also had the feet and hands for my walrus printed, that one has been half-ready since 2016.

White parts are nylon by printing service, black ones are PLA from my own printer. Grey is either handmade Cyamodus or subfossil Walrus.

The prcentages on the walrus reference oic are abundances in palaeo-inuit archaeological sites.

Cheers,

J

tany1.JPG

tany2.JPG

walrus.JPG

tany3.JPG

Thomas Henry Huxley